Expired

Wake up Laptop/Dock from wireless mouse from sleep?

Found 16th Jun
Is it possible to wake up laptop with lid closed with wireless mouse from sleep?

I have lenovo thinkpad in a dock hooked up to a monitor with wireless keyboard and mouse, have all settings to do nothing when lids closed and only option to turn off is sleep after 20 minutes, is it possible for the Wireless mouse to wake it up from sleep? or will I have to get a wired mouse?

thanks
Community Updates
AskComputer Accessories
6 Comments
If the USB ports remain powered up while the laptop is asleep then the receiver for the mouse should still work and be able to wake up the computer. You can test the USB ports while asleep by trying to charge a smartphone from them. Test all the ports because sometimes only one will remain active. If no power, check laptop’s advanced power settings and see if there is anything for usb in there.
Bruce_Dwayne16 m ago

If the USB ports remain powered up while the laptop is asleep then the …If the USB ports remain powered up while the laptop is asleep then the receiver for the mouse should still work and be able to wake up the computer. You can test the USB ports while asleep by trying to charge a smartphone from them. Test all the ports because sometimes only one will remain active. If no power, check laptop’s advanced power settings and see if there is anything for usb in there.

Hello checked every setting possible and even in BIOS, and the port is actually a always on port and does charge phones when in sleep, however even the laptops keyboard and mouse pad area does not wake up from sleep only the power button does, would really like to have it setup as laptop dock is on cupboard next to desk,

what do you think?
lenovo thinkpad x230
logitech mouse
I have a cheap tecknet wireless mouse that does just this on a desktop, not a laptop. I didn't change any settings.
Edited by: "rev6" 16th Jun
So you say you have a wireless mouse, am assuming you have a wireless receiver? Is that receiver plugged into your dock or your laptop - lenovo advise it has to be connected to the laptop to waken.
Bertz9917th Jun

So you say you have a wireless mouse, am assuming you have a wireless …So you say you have a wireless mouse, am assuming you have a wireless receiver? Is that receiver plugged into your dock or your laptop - lenovo advise it has to be connected to the laptop to waken.

I have since manage to get this working, couple of other things I tweaked I'm settings and after reboot started to work, hard to pinpoint what it was but think it was enabling something for the usb to work for the computer when sleep as since the beginning the ports was alive when in sleep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions