Walking Boot Advice!....

Need some advice, on some new walking boots.

Picking some out for my girlfriend to buy as a Christmas Present. Don't want to spend too much, and have been out to a few places trying some on. The Hi-Tec ones seemed the best build, value for money, and most comfy ones up to now, priced around £40 (eurotrek). However the few reviews i can find don't especially rate them.

Anybody have some experience with the Hi-Tec boots? Hi-Tec have always been a brand i'd stay well away from, but their boots don't seem that bad.

I don't go on walks too much, maybe 2 a month or so, and rarely go climbing rocks or cliffs!! Try and stay out of the wet, but obviously would like a waterproof pair.

Any recommendations would be helpful :-) Budget would be up to around £60, but cheaper the better (but still decent enough quality)

6 Comments

Original Poster

Any walkers anywhere ?

I bought a pair of Hi Tech boots from Go Outdoors for about £30 last winter and they're still going strong. Totally waterproof and very comfy, albeit a bit "firm". I'm not a serious walker by any stretch of the imagination, just wear them for walking the dog around the countryside, and couldn't justify the expense of serious walking boots.
Also bought a pair of Hi Tech walking shoes a couple of weeks ago for a trip to Disneyland Paris. Was a bit nervous about wearing "un-worn-in" shoes all day but it was just like wearing a pair of slippers, had no rubbing or blisters. Really comfy! Think I only paid about £27.99 for them too.

Make sure you buy some good walking socks too!

Original Poster

Evil_monkey;3724553

I bought a pair of Hi Tech boots from Go Outdoors for about £30 last … I bought a pair of Hi Tech boots from Go Outdoors for about £30 last winter and they're still going strong. Totally waterproof and very comfy, albeit a bit "firm". I'm not a serious walker by any stretch of the imagination, just wear them for walking the dog around the countryside, and couldn't justify the expense of serious walking boots.Also bought a pair of Hi Tech walking shoes a couple of weeks ago for a trip to Disneyland Paris. Was a bit nervous about wearing "un-worn-in" shoes all day but it was just like wearing a pair of slippers, had no rubbing or blisters. Really comfy! Think I only paid about £27.99 for them too.Make sure you buy some good walking socks too!

Thanks for the advice. Rep Added :-)

yeah, i mean i don't do that much walking either. 2 walks a month say. May they be around woodlands, up local hills etc. So think they should suit me fine :-)

May go back and try them on with some decent walking / thicker socks. They were damn comfy though!

I got a flyer from GoOutdoors that shows that these Karrimor KSB Aspen eVent boots are to go on sale next week from 15th - 21st Dec. They are currently priced at £49.99 which is a good price but next week will be £29.99 with a discount card which cost £4.
They are eVent lined which is considered better than Goretex.
]http//ww…130
here is the flyer boots on bottom right of 1st page
]http//vi…pal

A couple of years ago when we were up north I only had rubbish shoes with me and ended up bying a pair of outdoor scene boot and I have to say they have been brilliant!!!

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Will take a look at those boots :-) (EDIT: There womens. Damn my size 11/12 feet :-P)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764022
    2. Better watch out for these...1017
    3. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports813
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846094

See more discussions