Walking boots for someone with broad feet

Found 17th Nov 2017
I have very small feet (size three) but very broad feet. I walk an awful lot but am struggling to find decent walking shoes/boots that are broad enough across the toes. My current ones are north face which are fine for my right foot but not quite broad enough for the left one. Does anyone know of any walking shoes or boots are quite wide but for people with tiny feet? I will happily walk five to ten miles a day if I had shoes which did not give me callouses. Does anyone know of a wide fitting shoe?
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Altberg? Not cheap mind.
Original Poster
mas993 h, 12 m ago

Altberg? Not cheap mind.

Thanks I'll look into that. Not that bothered about the price, more about the comfort
I have the same problem. Thoroughly recommend Keens.... most comfortable shoes ive ever owned.
Original Poster
jojonic6 m ago

I have the same problem. Thoroughly recommend Keens.... most comfortable …I have the same problem. Thoroughly recommend Keens.... most comfortable shoes ive ever owned.

Never heard of those. Thanks for the suggestion. Where can I find them?
I bought mine on amazon but they are stocked in most outdoorsy shops if you want to try them on.
Original Poster
jojonic4 m ago

I bought mine on amazon but they are stocked in most outdoorsy shops if …I bought mine on amazon but they are stocked in most outdoorsy shops if you want to try them on.

Thanks. For obvious reasons I'd want to try them on first. I'll have a look
Inov8 or Vivobarefoot.
Edited by: "RichSturman" 17th Nov 2017
i do a lot of walking daily and i use running trainers. i buy trainers that are designed specially for serious runners but i use them for walking instead as it then feels like i am walking on air. they don't last as long as walking shoes but they are light weight and feel much more comfortable than walking shoes.

my shoe size are size 4 but for trainers you have to go one size up so if you are size 3, which is very small, then you would need size 4 trainers which would be more available as size 3 trainers won't be in abundance.

i have wider feet around the toes so i find standard trainers uncomfortable but saucony do women trainers that have wider fitting. i use saucony triumph iso, which is just over a hundred pound for a pair but you can get them cheaper when they are on sale or online.

you would need trainers that are specific to your running gait, even if you don't use them for running, i would still get them suitable for running as when you walk fast, your walking gait won't be much different to your running gait.

you could pop into a professional running shop and try out the saucony trainers range and find your suitable running shoes to see how they feel when you walk in them.
Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions all.
Original Poster
mas9915 h, 7 m ago

Altberg? Not cheap mind.

Just been looking into this. By sheer coincidence I will be passing near the factory on Monday. This could be the answer to my problem. Thanks a million
psychobitchfromhell12 h, 36 m ago

Just been looking into this. By sheer coincidence I will be passing near …Just been looking into this. By sheer coincidence I will be passing near the factory on Monday. This could be the answer to my problem. Thanks a million

They have a very good reputation and they are the only people I know of that do boots in different widths. I'd be interested to know what you think after you've been to see them.
Original Poster
mas9918th Nov

They have a very good reputation and they are the only people I know of …They have a very good reputation and they are the only people I know of that do boots in different widths. I'd be interested to know what you think after you've been to see them.

Many thanks for your suggestion. I am now the proud owner of a pair of altbergs. Even they only had one pair in the entire shop the right size. I knew I had strange feet but even I didn't realise just how strange. Here's hoping they are worth the money. So far so good
Excellent.

I hope they work well for you.
Original Poster
mas993 m ago

Excellent.I hope they work well for you.

I've yet to give them a proper run out but they are very comfortable.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants