Walking boots/trainers

Im after a pair of walking boots/trainers around £50-£60 in price, i have seen some regattas and hi tecs, read sum gud and bad reviews on both so now totally confused,anybody give me any advice on sum good walking boots,what make etc

3 Comments

Not too well up on these myself but daughter works at Blacks / Millets and Blacks have a sale starting tomorrow (Monday) so well worth a look if you have one near you :-)

I have a pair of regatta hiking trainers and they are soooooo comfortable and light.they are waterproof and look like they would last me a lifetime.They don't sweat your feet but are really warm too.I have worn them in the snow and my feet weren't cold at all.Can't comment on hi tec cos I have never owned a pair.

Good makes are Karrimor, Brasher, Zamberlin, Scarpa, Salomon and quite a few others.

I had an expensive pair of Zamberlins for years and had nothing but pain, which I assumed came with the sport. However when they died I stumbled on a pair of Brashers on sale in the lake district about some years ago and these have been like carpet slippers from day one.

A lot depends on what kind of walking you are doing. If it is casual walking then I would go for ]none leather material uppers. If they need to be waterproof then get ones with Gortex or similar type lining. You really do have to try on a few on and see which feel comfortable. Anything other than pavements and flat paths I would go with boots to protect your ankles from stumbles.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
    2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions