Groups

Wall charger for Moto G 4th gen

My wall charger died :(.. and I need a new wall charger, but I don't know which one to choose from or where to order, please halp !

13 Comments

Amazon £7.99

Can't remember if it's got quick charge on that ? If not worth getting one anyhow to keep as they are backward compatible

amazon.co.uk/gp/…6G/

Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 28th Dec 2016

I've got a Sony branded single port 2A charger still in its packet, (we use a couple of 5 port chargers due to the number of devices in the house), I'd be happy to post it to you if you promise to pop 50p in the next charity box you come across. Its not a Qualcomm quick charge adaptor but it will get the job done.

Original Poster

dozstanford

I've got a Sony branded single port 2A charger still in its packet, (we … I've got a Sony branded single port 2A charger still in its packet, (we use a couple of 5 port chargers due to the number of devices in the house), I'd be happy to post it to you if you promise to pop 50p in the next charity box you come across. Its not a Qualcomm quick charge adaptor but it will get the job done.

really ? I am so overwhelmed !! that would be awesome and yeah I can put 50p in the charity box for you then
    Edited by: "TrollForce" 28th Dec 2016

TrollForce

really ? I am so overwhelmed !! that would be awesome and yeah I can put … really ? I am so overwhelmed !! that would be awesome and yeah I can put 50p in the charity box for you then

PM received and understood, will post before lunch tomorrow and with any luck might be there by Sat. Just to let you know I stated the charger is new & sealed but I'm going to open and test it before posting, just in case you wonder why its not sealed when it arrives.

Original Poster

dozstanford

PM received and understood, will post before lunch tomorrow and with any … PM received and understood, will post before lunch tomorrow and with any luck might be there by Sat. Just to let you know I stated the charger is new & sealed but I'm going to open and test it before posting, just in case you wonder why its not sealed when it arrives.

That is absolutely fine, thanks

Just out of interest, did the charger come with the phone or did you already have it/buy it separately. If it's a Motorola one then you would expect it to last longer and they should replace it. My Motorola charger died, but so did the phone .....

Original Poster

noelphobic

Just out of interest, did the charger come with the phone or did you … Just out of interest, did the charger come with the phone or did you already have it/buy it separately. If it's a Motorola one then you would expect it to last longer and they should replace it. My Motorola charger died, but so did the phone .....

It came with phone from john lewis, not sure if they cover chargers... Only had it for like 5ish months.

dozstanford

I've got a Sony branded single port 2A charger still in its packet, (we … I've got a Sony branded single port 2A charger still in its packet, (we use a couple of 5 port chargers due to the number of devices in the house), I'd be happy to post it to you if you promise to pop 50p in the next charity box you come across. Its not a Qualcomm quick charge adaptor but it will get the job done.

awesome man, nice one

TrollForce

It came with phone from john lewis, not sure if they cover chargers... … It came with phone from john lewis, not sure if they cover chargers... Only had it for like 5ish months.

I would have thought accessories should be 'fit for purpose' under the terms of the Consumer Rights Act, in the same way the phone itself should be. They would have factored the cost of the charger into the price.

Original Poster

noelphobic

I would have thought accessories should be 'fit for purpose' under the … I would have thought accessories should be 'fit for purpose' under the terms of the Consumer Rights Act, in the same way the phone itself should be. They would have factored the cost of the charger into the price.

Sent them an email, let see what they will reply with, thanks for the idea

TrollForce

Sent them an email, let see what they will reply with, thanks for the … Sent them an email, let see what they will reply with, thanks for the idea

I would be interested to know their response.

Original Poster

noelphobic

I would be interested to know their response.

I called them, they gave me a reference number and then I collected a new one from there store. Thank you so much for your this idea

TrollForce

I called them, they gave me a reference number and then I collected a new … I called them, they gave me a reference number and then I collected a new one from there store. Thank you so much for your this idea

You're very welcome.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions