Wall light switch cover/cap?

Found 1st Jul
I'm looking for a cover or cap type device which i can use to place over the wall light switches in my hallway/landing to stop visitors to my house using them (as they're operated by Hive bulbs/motion sensors).

Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
5 Comments
Just take the front of the switch off and move the wire from L1 to common. This will deactivate the switch meaning it will be always on (obviously turn the electric off before you do this).
Original Poster
mds12561 m ago

Just take the front of the switch off and move the wire from L1 to common. …Just take the front of the switch off and move the wire from L1 to common. This will deactivate the switch meaning it will be always on (obviously turn the electric off before you do this).

Thanks but I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve tinkering with the electrics, I'm not confident with it. Cheers though.
mds125618 m ago

Just take the front of the switch off and move the wire from L1 to common. …Just take the front of the switch off and move the wire from L1 to common. This will deactivate the switch meaning it will be always on (obviously turn the electric off before you do this).

not so great in the event of the internet connection/router being down though.....
Original Poster
barco2 h, 25 m ago

Something …Something like...?https://www.amazon.co.uk/switches-accidental-switching-allowing-intentional/dp/B06XHXN59W

Legend! Just what I was looking for. Thanks! 😁
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants