Wall mounted gas fire

Posted 3rd Jun 2020
Has anyone got any suggestions or maybe tips on what type of wall mounted gas fires are the most efficient at providing heat and safe (no kids in the house so an open fire is generally okay).

Currently I have an open traditional gas fireplace suite (chimney no flue) I am thinking of replacing it with a rectangle glass wall mounted fire to save space and they look nice

My only worry is will glass trap much of the heat and is it better to get an open fire which is wall mounted?

Also any suggestions on which website I can pick up one that’s value for money?

I know nothing about gas fire hence all the questions send if you think I should avoid the design and try something else please suggest it
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
As a starter you may find this site useful
gasapplianceguide.co.uk/fla…htm

We have an old 70s "outset" type and hardly ever used, simply because the room is warm enough without it.
You are right to think about heat output - but only if you need it. The decorative wall mounted ones are really nice and when the time is right that is what we will go for. But, if your room needs heat especially in the winter I would go for something that puts out the heat you need.
You may find this website of some use
fireplacesareus.co.uk/sho…ler

Basically, talk to as many local people as you can to do the whole job, as you will probably need your chimney cleaning and possibly a flue fitted.
Your biggest worry after H&S is damp. Gas fires release moisture and poor ventialtion means mould
tardytortoise03/06/2020 07:55

As a starter you may find this site …As a starter you may find this site usefulhttp://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/flavel_gas_fires.htmWe have an old 70s "outset" type and hardly ever used, simply because the room is warm enough without it. You are right to think about heat output - but only if you need it. The decorative wall mounted ones are really nice and when the time is right that is what we will go for. But, if your room needs heat especially in the winter I would go for something that puts out the heat you need.You may find this website of some usehttps://www.fireplacesareus.co.uk/shop/finding-an-installerBasically, talk to as many local people as you can to do the whole job, as you will probably need your chimney cleaning and possibly a flue fitted.

Thank a lot, I use my current gas fire everyday in winter which gives a lot of heat rather than have the whole house heating on so the heat is important
ccnp03/06/2020 08:03

Your biggest worry after H&S is damp. Gas fires release moisture and poor …Your biggest worry after H&S is damp. Gas fires release moisture and poor ventialtion means mould

I did not know that... 😬 thanks will look into it
Post a comment
@
    Text