Wall mounting a Sonos one speaker... Hiding the cables ???

Posted 9th Oct
any good ideas how to do this ? been watching YouTube videos and they don't hide them at all, it looks really bad !
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Carve open your wall and plaster it back up
BlueCreek09/10/2019 23:09

Carve open your wall and plaster it back up

I don't think your suppose to put that kind of electrical wire in a wall from what I've read ?
If you're carving up the wall I'd install conduit and feed the cables down from above assuming you're mounting them above head height.
Rather than chipping away at the wall. You can mount some trunking to the wall. You can get those which can be drilled. An easier option would be just to get trunking with an adhesive backing.
I have stuck some in the wall myself to hide a wire from the little one.
Check the below link:
screwfix.com/p/t…026
expandingmaan10/10/2019 19:24

Rather than chipping away at the wall. You can mount some trunking to the …Rather than chipping away at the wall. You can mount some trunking to the wall. You can get those which can be drilled. An easier option would be just to get trunking with an adhesive backing. I have stuck some in the wall myself to hide a wire from the little one. Check the below link:https://www.screwfix.com/p/tower-self-adhesive-mini-trunking-25mm-x-16mm-x-2m/64026

I think I've got something similar from when I was going to mount my TV to the wall and never bothered! Will have a play around with it and see if it looks okay! If not I think I'll have to just put the speakers on a shelf
chrisredmayne10/10/2019 19:29

I think I've got something similar from when I was going to mount my TV to …I think I've got something similar from when I was going to mount my TV to the wall and never bothered! Will have a play around with it and see if it looks okay! If not I think I'll have to just put the speakers on a shelf

Another option would be to replace your stereo and get wireless speakers. But I don’t recommend wireless goods, from experience. The sound quality isn’t the same. General rule of thumb for me, things travel better through wires.
expandingmaan10/10/2019 19:50

Another option would be to replace your stereo and get wireless speakers. …Another option would be to replace your stereo and get wireless speakers. But I don’t recommend wireless goods, from experience. The sound quality isn’t the same. General rule of thumb for me, things travel better through wires.

Yeah there's the new Sonos ones that are wireless but they are so over priced at the moment! But then you'd still have to get them down and charge them from time to time
expandingmaan10/10/2019 19:50

Another option would be to replace your stereo and get wireless speakers. …Another option would be to replace your stereo and get wireless speakers. But I don’t recommend wireless goods, from experience. The sound quality isn’t the same. General rule of thumb for me, things travel better through wires.

They are wireless, but you still need wires no matter what type of speakers they are unless they have a rechargeable battery which you keep having to top-up.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants