Wall Mounting Installation Options

Posted 13th Sep
Hey all,

I will be purchasing a 65 inch TV in the near future and would like to wall mount it, i know what wall bracket I want as well. Now, I would prefer to have installed professionally. What would be the most cost effective and reliable way to do this?

1. buy the tv from a retailer that doesn't offer wall mounting. Buy the wall bracket from Curry's and use their wall mounting service?

2. buy the tv as above. Get the bracket from Curry's and get installation from another retailer such as Richer sounds or hire some local handyman?

Happy to hear your opinions
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Just do it yourself

1) amazon Von haus brackets are simple to affix and I’ve used loads and never an issue

amazon.co.uk/Von…a51

2) buy decent wall fixings eg from Screwfix

Simple !
If you really don't want to mount it yourself, buy the TV and bracket of your choice and get a local joiner/chippy to mount?
What type of wall is it being fixed to. Is it solid, dot and dab drywall or stud wall?
Broxy13/09/2020 20:22

What type of wall is it being fixed to. Is it solid, dot and dab drywall …What type of wall is it being fixed to. Is it solid, dot and dab drywall or stud wall?

The wall is adjacent to the next flat, so I presume stud wall
Corkscrew13/09/2020 20:29

Is it hollow when you knock it?
Corkscrew13/09/2020 20:29

This is the most important part of the whole process!
I'm due to move into the flat, so i can't check just yet. This is why I want a professional as they'll be able to find the studs or provide better plug fixings
Get currys to do it when you buy the bracket from them
Best to arrange bracket supply&fit from one source, then when the TV takes part of the wall with it as it bounces off the floor there is none of that greased-shoulder "it's the installer" "it's the bracket" pass the blame culture.
Richer sounds brackets are fantastic and easy to install.
no need to find the studs, just use gripit fixings for plaster boards
packard13/09/2020 20:10

Just do it yourself 1) amazon Von haus brackets are simple to affix and …Just do it yourself 1) amazon Von haus brackets are simple to affix and I’ve used loads and never an issue https://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Bracket-Design-Curved-Televisions-Black/dp/B01FJULVG2/ref=sxin_8_sk-bs-v3-tn-mobile-eu_ac72596d6101e7cf4691ce879b18735bfa14c97d?cv_ct_cx=wall+mount&dchild=1&keywords=wall+mount&pd_rd_i=B01FJULVG2&pd_rd_r=b6387bb0-e15c-44f6-b023-d3b22a07b1ab&pd_rd_w=MTIYh&pd_rd_wg=GHr6N&pf_rd_p=c165bb8c-ab2c-4f37-95c7-6b44c6e78ff5&pf_rd_r=DVVXQWCFCX3ZT304AG0K&qid=1600024143&sr=1-2-e0b5b19a-44bf-4701-9b7e-16e8ecd79a512) buy decent wall fixings eg from Screwfix Simple !

+1

I bought a Von Haus off amazon for about £7 a few year back, currently has 55” Sony on stud wall, never had a problem and fitted by myself. Didn’t even know what a stud wall was until i looked at how to secure it to the wall.
Edited by: "samosa" 14th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text