Wall Mounting Samsung KS7000

Found 27th Mar 2017
So I finally went for the KS7000 (brilliant TV btw) but am struggling to wall mount it. I have one of these:

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

It's worked with my previous two TVs but this is the first Samsung and it feels like the bolts aren't long enough for the bottom two holes, and too long for the top two. Also, all the washers provided with the TV are the same length but sit deeper in the bottom two holes, is this deliberate?

Appreciate if anyone who's had any experience with this or a similar TV can advise on how to securely wall mount it.

Thanks
Community Updates
AskSamsungSamsung TV
10 Comments
I am contacting an tv bracket engineer, who fitted ours.
will update you soon.
Regards
TV bracket fitter has come back to me and he states that sometimes tvs and brackets don't come with correct size bolts and are all different. he states buy longer bolts and call in a professional to mount it!
wall mounted mine 2 weeks ago, had to find some 43mm long bolts, just popped the plastic tube spacer thingies in the holes which spaces the tv out to vertical,
Just buy the right size. I have found that the supplied fittings aren't what was needed. On 2 of the 3 tvs I have fitted. Had to make Packers to fit as well. Screwfix. Ebay. Hardware shop. Cheap enough to buy what you need
If the bolts are too long, cut them. Put a straw in the hole to get a good idea of how long they need to be. They put a nut on the bolt and tighten it, cut the bolt then undo the nut.
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies - managed to get some 45mm m8's from a local diy store. Will try it tonight with some help
MrBrightside1987

Thanks for the replies - managed to get some 45mm m8's from a local diy … Thanks for the replies - managed to get some 45mm m8's from a local diy store. Will try it tonight with some help

Hi, which bracket did you buy? I'm getting this TV delivered on Thursday from John Lewis (woohoo!) and I'm going to wall mount it.
Original Poster
mintcake

Hi, which bracket did you buy? I'm getting this TV delivered on Thursday … Hi, which bracket did you buy? I'm getting this TV delivered on Thursday from John Lewis (woohoo!) and I'm going to wall mount it.

Hi - I've got this one. Had it for about 3 years and no issues. If you do get it then bear in mind the need to offset it on the wall because the arms in the folding mechanism are different lengths, which means that if you stick the bracket in the middle of the wall then the TV will actually sit a little to the side

Didn't get the opportunity to stick this on last night but will keep you posted if you're interested.

I got mine from JL aswell on Saturday - very impressed with it so far!
Original Poster
mintcake

Hi, which bracket did you buy? I'm getting this TV delivered on Thursday … Hi, which bracket did you buy? I'm getting this TV delivered on Thursday from John Lewis (woohoo!) and I'm going to wall mount it.

Hi, hope you get/got your TV delivered today. Just wanted to give you an update that I've managed to mount my TV on the mount mentioned in the link and I think it looks great.

If you do get any mount, then bear in mind that you'll need to get 45mm M8 screws as that's the depth of the hole when using the mounting plugs provided with the TV. Make sure you use the plugs otherwise you'll destroy the back of your TV

I also got some USB powered LED strips for £15 which I've stuck to the back of the TV and think they look great

http://i.imgur.com/cUj24vi.jpg
Edited by: "MrBrightside1987" 30th Mar 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants