wall socket info

Found 9th Feb
Have a single wall socket and changing it for a double
done this loads of times except this one has 3 sets of wires in it and its the older type
new mk or other ones don't seem to have the same size holes for the 3 sets of wires earth,live and neutral
do you get ones with bigger connection points or do i just have to try a little harder
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
If the backbox is deep enough, you might be able to fit in some wago connectors, so your 3 cables would join into this with a new wire going to socket?

screwfix.com/p/3…776

33233663-UUtAT.jpg
Thanks for the reply but the wires are coming in from top and bottom and with all the wires its a tight fit as it is
might just have to twist one set of wires to the others further down and then just put them in
Edited by: "madmax666" 9th Feb
I have several sockets on the ring main where a spur has been added - hence 3 cables as you describe.

I have mostly Contactum sockets - tlc-direct.co.uk/Mai…tml - nice plain looking socket, switched, double pole. I find the connections on these large enough to fit 3 wires in.
Sounds like its a ring mains and it has a spur running from it, should be plenty of Sockets out there that will do the job, or lose the spur if its not being used any more.
Edited by: "zirk" 10th Feb
Thanks need the spur so will buy the contactum socket and maybe have to twist the wires a bit tighter as well
Van19739th Feb

I have several sockets on the ring main where a spur has been added - …I have several sockets on the ring main where a spur has been added - hence 3 cables as you describe.I have mostly Contactum sockets - https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Wiring_Accessories_Menu_Index/A_White_All/CM_All/index.html - nice plain looking socket, switched, double pole. I find the connections on these large enough to fit 3 wires in.

Excellent thanks for that the new ones are little compared to the contactum ones as can be seen in this pic

33275794-wPABw.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants