Found 11th Aug
what do you guys recommend? if i watch youtube videos is it doable yourself

its fabric wallpaper (glitter) i need to put up on a wall

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
DIY
You could always practice by putting up cheap lining paper first that way you get practice and get a smooth backing for the good stuff
Is it a straight flat wall? If so then reasonably straight forward.

If you are to paper around corners (internal or external) then it is a little more difficult.

As you suggest have a good watch of some youtube videos - have a look at the papering vids on this channel - it is by two brothers who really produce high quality work! youtube.com/cha…lTQ

Successful decorating is down to preparation and patience! Good luck!
yes it straight wall with a plug sockets as the main bits to cut around

its a glitter fabric backed wallpaper so i thought it may be difficult than normal wallapper
i believe i put the adhesive on the wall rather then paper
wakkaday8 h, 26 m ago

yes it straight wall with a plug sockets as the main bits to cut around …yes it straight wall with a plug sockets as the main bits to cut around its a glitter fabric backed wallpaper so i thought it may be difficult than normal wallapperi believe i put the adhesive on the wall rather then paper

If it specifically says on rolls adhesive wall but I think if I remember people used to slap a bit of paste on walls first to like seal the wall to allow the pasted paper to bond better- I may be wrong I haven’t hung paper since 2000!
My uncle was a decorator and my mum a very independent woman who would take on decorating so I grew up watching how to wallpaper. As an adult I am pretty good at it (if I do say so myself). But it is a skill and I have seen some pretty poor attempts at diy wallpapering, so if it is your first try and you aren’t confident then it might be worth getting a professional in, or even just asking a friend who has done it before to help you
DIY, it's a skill worth learning. Paste the wall is even easier to work with.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants