Groups

WALLPAPER Stripper needed

Banned
    does anybody know where i can get one please, not one of the handheld small ones, but one of those you put on the floor

49 Comments

Thought you were wanting the services of a naked man/woman!

Original Poster Banned

Lulu'sMammy;1504719

eewwww no, leave a little to the imigination, please:thumbsup:

I looked at this thread as i thought u meant a man/woman stripper pmsl

lol already changed the title:p

Original Poster Banned

ryancs;1504749

lol already changed the title:p

yeah, and did you see the first to respond, and how quick:whistling:

sassie;1504753

yeah, and did you see the first to respond, and how quick:whistling:

:whistling:

Here's a few

]Male

]Female

Original Poster Banned

ryancs;1504767

You must have a bit of a reputation:oops:

scuse me:w00t::w00t: are you implying LM has certain errrrrrrrrrrm for me:w00t:

Screwfix Direct and Machine Mart, I bought one from Machine Mart last summer for about £25, it was an Earlex one.

You can get ones cheaper, and the cheap ones are fine, I have a cheap one that has lasted 4 or 5 years.

sassie;1504781

scuse me:w00t::w00t: are you implying LM has certain errrrrrrrrrrm for … scuse me:w00t::w00t: are you implying LM has certain errrrrrrrrrrm for me:w00t:

MMeeeee Never;-)

Original Poster Banned

ryancs;1504767

:whistling:Here's a few]Male]Female

thanks, you ever used one, looking for one that gets the job done quicker, and also the lightest in weight for holding up really:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;1504788

Screwfix Direct and Machine Mart, I bought one from Machine Mart last … Screwfix Direct and Machine Mart, I bought one from Machine Mart last summer for about £25, it was an Earlex one.You can get ones cheaper, and the cheap ones are fine, I have a cheap one that has lasted 4 or 5 years.

lloking for a middle of the range really, one that gets the job done quicker than what i have got:thumbsup:

Waste of time, either paper or paint over the top.

Never been able to fathom out this stripping obsession.

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;1504822

Waste of time, either paper or paint over the top.Never been able to … Waste of time, either paper or paint over the top.Never been able to fathom out this stripping obsession.

lol, i have to remove the paper, painting over is not an option, and neither is papering over

sassie;1504810

thanks, you ever used one, looking for one that gets the job done … thanks, you ever used one, looking for one that gets the job done quicker, and also the lightest in weight for holding up really:thumbsup:

Yep ive used one. They are alright to hold up the only thing i found with mine was the steam feed pipe wasn't very flexible so it got quite annoying. Aswell as this the container for water ran out quite quickly although both the types i have shown have a good sized container.

To be honest its not a quick job and is very boring. This will really speed things up though hopefully.:thumbsup:

sassie;1504817

lloking for a middle of the range really, one that gets the job done … lloking for a middle of the range really, one that gets the job done quicker than what i have got:thumbsup:

Is that what busted your kettle?

This is the one I got, ]Machine Mart

i bought an earlex one for 25 quid from argos. this had a large and small plate. stripped 3 rooms over last weekend.

recommend

Original Poster Banned

OK, thanks you guys, there seems to be so many, thought there maybe was something to look out for, but it seems they just go up in price but dont really give any info on why:?

sassie;1504874

OK, thanks you guys, there seems to be so many, thought there maybe was … OK, thanks you guys, there seems to be so many, thought there maybe was something to look out for, but it seems they just go up in price but dont really give any info on why:?

A £15 one would do you. Like I said, my one lasted years, I only got a new one because I lent mine to someone, and it couldn't find its way home.

The more expensive ones will usually have a bigger tank, and have more attachments.

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;1504917

A £15 one would do you. Like I said, my one lasted years, I only got a … A £15 one would do you. Like I said, my one lasted years, I only got a new one because I lent mine to someone, and it couldn't find its way home.The more expensive ones will usually have a bigger tank, and have more attachments.

I only have one of those little hand help black and decker things and canna hold it up long enough to do anything, its far to heavy :oops:

Any help and advice on anything as i have alot of stuff to strip over the coming months:thumbsup: and some of it is woodchip that has been painted over many a time:oops: so any help with good tools to help minimise the hard work would be great:thumbsup:

A wallpaper stripper is a glorified kettle, nothing more nothing less.
    I don't think it is worth you spending any more than you need to.

Slash the wallpaper before using the steamer so that the steam can penertrate through, do it a layer at a time, and then move on. If you leave it on for too long, you will 'Blow' your plaster and end up with added expense.
    I would expect a lot of your plaster to be blown anyway.

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;1504958

A wallpaper stripper is a glorified kettle, nothing more nothing less.I … A wallpaper stripper is a glorified kettle, nothing more nothing less.I don't think it is worth you spending any more than you need to.Slash the wallpaper before using the steamer so that the steam can penertrate through, do it a layer at a time, and then move on. If you leave it on for too long, you will 'Blow' your plaster and end up with added expense. I would expect a lot of your plaster to be blown anyway.

thanks the saint, there is alot of plaster blown in places, how long would you say to hold it in place, seconds, minutes? and are them cheapo wallpaper scrapers cack, and best to spend a few quid on a better one, sorry for all the questions:oops:

Hold it in place for about 30 seconds, and then try and scrape it. If it won't move then try for a bit longer. You will then find out how long to hold it in place.

Whilst you are scraping with one hand, hold the steamer on another place so that is being steamed while you are scraping the 1st area.

The one I gave a link to contained a scraper, I can't remember the make, but it was a "Named" scraper, I have never used it, as I carried on using my cheapy one that I got from Wilkinsons, so I can't say whether the more expensive scrapers are worth the money.

Desktop Stripper?

http://desktopstripper4u.com/images/banner.jpg

sassie;1504781

scuse me:w00t::w00t: are you implying LM has certain errrrrrrrrrrm for … scuse me:w00t::w00t: are you implying LM has certain errrrrrrrrrrm for me:w00t:

Im up for anything matey, im willing to try anything to start off my labour!!

Original Poster Banned

Lulu'sMammy;1505085

Im up for anything matey, im willing to try anything to start off my … Im up for anything matey, im willing to try anything to start off my labour!!

lol - when you do hun?

Lulu'sMammy;1505085

Im up for anything matey, im willing to try anything to start off my … Im up for anything matey, im willing to try anything to start off my labour!!

Told you sassie:whistling:

Never sublimate into household decoration - you're better off with an on-line course or the open university.:)

Lulu'sMammy;1504719

lmao. my exact first thot ...

Original Poster Banned

any thoughts of them bottles of wall paper stripper then, or just another waste of money

Sassie try this on one strip and see if it works:
    Gently score the wallpaper with a really sharp knife or whatever, dont rip it.
    Get one of those spray things you normally use for hair or indoor plants
    Fill it with warm to medium hot water
    Spray the wallpaper and leave to soak in for a while
    Try and pull off the wallpaper from the top in one long strip.
    When pulling down on the paper do it in a firm but not forceful way, if it stops peeling spray a little more water on and leave.

This doesn't always work and it depends on what was used in the first place to stick down the paper BUT if it does work it saves loads of time and effort.

Worth a try anyway, I've been lucky on a few occasions to get away with it.

take care

ps be careful of electrical points, light switches etc etc

Original Poster Banned

no, have done that beofre, and it certainly wont work on what ive got, hence me going for steamer:oops:

Also the longer the wallpaper as been on the more time it takes tio steam it,paper been up a couple yrs comes off more with less effort and pressure of steamer head against the wall and peels off easily.

Original Poster Banned

sorry for the bump guys but got me stripped today, and the thing doesnt have like pads on it, its just like a hard piece of plastic, is that what its supposed to be? i thought it would have had something over it:?

sassie;1505090

lol - when you do hun?

Only just seen your message....due in one week !!!

sassie;1528830

sorry for the bump guys but got me stripped today, and the thing doesnt … sorry for the bump guys but got me stripped today, and the thing doesnt have like pads on it, its just like a hard piece of plastic, is that what its supposed to be? i thought it would have had something over it:?

I borrowed one ages ago as I didn't bother buying one as I didn't plan to paper ever and the one I borrowed which looked very basic didn't have anything under the plates they just square and the steam comes through them,like through the hose attached the plate bit.

Original Poster Banned

Lulu'sMammy;1528839

Only just seen your message....due in one week !!!

oh wow, hope your already:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Mum2Connor&Cerys;1528843

I borrowed one ages ago as I didn't bother buying one as I didn't plan to … I borrowed one ages ago as I didn't bother buying one as I didn't plan to paper ever and the one I borrowed which looked very basic didn't have anything under the plates they just square and the steam comes through them,like through the hose attached the plate bit.

oh ok thanks, dont why i expected something else more than a bit of plastic - lol

sassie;1528830

sorry for the bump guys but got me stripped today, and the thing doesnt … sorry for the bump guys but got me stripped today, and the thing doesnt have like pads on it, its just like a hard piece of plastic, is that what its supposed to be? i thought it would have had something over it:?

Did you actually read this before you posted it, slowly ???

sassie;1528848

oh wow, hope your already:thumbsup:

Never will be ready! am pooing hammers!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1629
      2. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2325
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17816343
      4. word association Game73844441

See more discussions