Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guardian

Found 16th Aug 2017Edited by:"m00head"
Here we go again...

Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guardian

"Company says new Walnut Whips cater to people who do not like nuts, but it comes after UK prices rose 20% earlier this year.

Following shrinking Maltesers bags and Toblerones with bigger gaps, Nestlé has announced the “walnot whip”, launching the first nut-free versions of its oldest chocolate brand after the price of the key ingredient surged."
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
If I ever have a Walnut Whip I throw the nut away
There used to a be a nut inside, on the bottom. Love these too
20 Comments
People still eat these?
There used to a be a nut inside, on the bottom. Love these too
Who even likes the walnut on it? It's dry, bitter and ruins the whole thing. Stick a chocolate chunk or hazelnut on top instead
Satan_Claws1 h, 22 m ago

Same here, marks and Spencer's sometimes sell ones that don't have the nuts which are just as good , but walnuts yeuch
There will always be a nut on the end of a walnut whip.
davewave8 h, 15 m ago

People still eat these?

Paragraph 3 of the linked article:

"Nestlé claims one Walnut Whip is eaten every two seconds in the UK."
I always throw the walnut away but have not had one in ages as they don't taste the same as they used to
is nothing sacred?
m00head56 m ago

Paragraph 3 of the linked article:"Nestlé claims one Walnut Whip is eaten …Paragraph 3 of the linked article:"Nestlé claims one Walnut Whip is eaten every two seconds in the UK."

wow, always thought they were a bit lame.
Bring back the coffee walnut whip 😋 Minus the walnut though 🏼
People who don't like nuts shouldn't be buying it. I do eat the walnut and without it it'll just be a whip.
Satan_Claws12 h, 57 m ago

Me too. Only ever ate them if I got them in a selection box or something for Christmas.
Bure1112 h, 30 m ago

Who even likes the walnut on it? It's dry, bitter and ruins the whole …Who even likes the walnut on it? It's dry, bitter and ruins the whole thing. Stick a chocolate chunk or hazelnut on top instead

Do you also pick the nuts out of topics?
They're still going to continue selling Walnut Whips, but will also be selling 3 new non-walnutty versions too.
First World Problems, eh?
Edited by: "Spango" 16th Aug 2017
CookinBat1 h, 53 m ago

Do you also pick the nuts out of topics?

What you on about you weirdo
Next they will take out the last ofvthe chocolate in their chocolate bars so they will just consist of sugar flavourings and e numbers. And people will still buy their crap
the nut is the best bit
m00head16th Aug

Paragraph 3 of the linked article:"Nestlé claims one Walnut Whip is eaten …Paragraph 3 of the linked article:"Nestlé claims one Walnut Whip is eaten every two seconds in the UK."

Nestlé used to claim that dressing their baby product-sales representatives in nurse's uniforms, & sometimes stating they were "qualified", was a good idea too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants