Wanna make my pc wireless.. what's the best thingie to get?

6 replies
Found 23rd Nov 2010
Right, so I know that I need a PCI card- but which one? some say 'graphic' card alongside em..they come in like different speeds or sommat don't they? I am utterly clueless.

Im with TalkTalk and have a Huawei HG520 wireless router
PC is Dell Dimension 2000
running on XP

What kinda price should I expect to pay?
Best bargain basement place to buy from? links appreciated

Loads of 'likes' goin begging, so suggest away. ta very muchly.

6 Comments

Get a wireless usb adapter?

ebuyer.com/pro…cts
Edited by: "greg_68" 23rd Nov 2010

how do you get on with the Huawei HG520 wireless router
made my internet response timeslow click on a link and it thought about for 30 secs before loading, went back to my old router

yeah wireless usb adapter seen some on here for less than 2 quid.

Original Poster

greg_68

Get a wireless usb adapter?

thought of that, but it'd take up a usb port...

saying that, i wouldn't miss usage of the 'port'.. is it a better solution? cheaper?

Original Poster

the sedge

how do you get on with the Huawei HG520 wireless router made my internet … how do you get on with the Huawei HG520 wireless router made my internet response timeslow click on a link and it thought about for 30 secs before loading, went back to my old router yeah wireless usb adapter seen some on here for less than 2 quid.

blimey, no..totally the opposite. mine's been fab. though i have off days when the blimmin thing drops connection after evry 10mins, but that hasn't happened for a long time. i really like the huawei wotsit, yeah.

Easiest solution IMO, get a cheap hub to increase your usb ports if needs be.

samwants2save

blimey, no..totally the opposite. mine's been fab. though i have off days … blimey, no..totally the opposite. mine's been fab. though i have off days when the blimmin thing drops connection after evry 10mins, but that hasn't happened for a long time. i really like the huawei wotsit, yeah.

thanks talktalk help desk is rubbish told me to reinstal IE, didn't work must be the router i think. cheers anyway
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415467
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660

See more discussions