Want a burger press

Found 22nd Feb
Hey, there are so many of amazon, and cant figure out which is which.

Obviously burgers shrink a lot, so dont want a hockey puck.

PET PEEVE - Patties that are smaller than buns.

Anyone got one from Amazon which are quite large and good quality.

Thanks all
Community Updates
AskGroceries
8 Comments
Bought one years ago it’s back of the cupboard stuff now easier to make them by rolling into a ball and pushing down like they do in proper burger places. Don’t expect much shrinkage if you use just good quality beef.
You don't want patties smaller than the bun? Surely you need to make the patties to the size you want THEN buy buns that fit the patty.
I dunno, I never see much choice of bun sizes really so would definitely choose the bun first and make the patty to fit.
I had a burger press but it was more faff than it was worth. Roll the meat out between 2 sheets of clingfilm until its the correct thickness and then use a bowl (eg) to cut out individual burgers.
Yeah.. You don't need a machine to make brontosaurus burgers! Just wrap in cling film and press 25mm ish think.. Let rest in fridge for a few hours or freeze... Make whatever size you want but the bigger the better in my book
Edited by: "wayners" 22nd Feb
Original Poster
Yeah I do make my own, but dont have a proper bowl. I did have one but it got rusted.

Was just looking for something 10.00 and under, some get good reviews, but they are all different sizes.

Right now I am using a small plate (Tea,Sandwich ect plate) but thought it would be easier to use a quick machine to smash them into perfect circle.
canada1610 m ago

Yeah I do make my own, but dont have a proper bowl. I did have one but it …Yeah I do make my own, but dont have a proper bowl. I did have one but it got rusted.Was just looking for something 10.00 and under, some get good reviews, but they are all different sizes. Right now I am using a small plate (Tea,Sandwich ect plate) but thought it would be easier to use a quick machine to smash them into perfect circle.

Many moons ago in a previous career before realising there was no cash in it I worked in the meat trade, from the age of 12 I was making burgers with a proper press, bought one a few years ago just the cheap plastic type, amazon have them for a couple of quid and it did the job as the trade version you just have to push down and that makes the burger. Remember though that bought burgers are mixed but I make them simply by pushing mince into 4oz balls with salt and pepper, if you want to go down the exotic add garlic, tomato purée, smoked paprika, chilli powder or onions. But as I said now just roll into a ball and press down on the pan, kids love them and they have never liked processed ones especially McDonald’s luckily and don’t need a bowl.
Edited by: "eslick" 22nd Feb
You definitely don't need a press - or cling film as some have suggested - just shape them by hand to the desired size and cook.
Edited by: "RossD89" 22nd Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants