Want to build a gaming pc for 1000 £

Posted 25th Sep
Hi , I want to build a gaming pc for 1000£ and I want to get your opinion about this composition :
CPU : Ryzen 3600
Cooler : Corsair hyper212 black edition
Mobo : B450 gaming plus Max
GPU : rx 5700 xt (an after market one )
Case : NZXT H500
RAM : 16gb 3200 MHz (Any brand i don’t think that changes something )
PSU : Any semi modular 650
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Looks good really good choice of parts.

What's your PSU going to be?
Yeah pretty much what im going to build too

Idk what case to get also I asked this morning what to get, B450 regular, Gaming Max or Tomohawk Max

Maybe consider Tomohawk Max since it's the newest so it's probably best but idk
Edited by: "Norseg" 25th Sep
Munch198125/09/2019 19:07

Looks good really good choice of parts.What's your PSU going to be?

Thank you. I don’t know which one is good for the moment I didn’t look on YouTube or something
Norseg25/09/2019 19:07

Yeah pretty much what im going to build tooIdk what case to get also I …Yeah pretty much what im going to build tooIdk what case to get also I asked this morning what to get, B450 regular, Gaming Max or Tomohawk MaxMaybe consider Tomohawk Max since it's the newest so it's probably best but idk

Just go on a max so you are sure your Ryzen 3rd gen is compatible but yes the Tomahawk looks pretty cool !
slayer21225/09/2019 21:03

Just go on a max so you are sure your Ryzen 3rd gen is compatible but yes …Just go on a max so you are sure your Ryzen 3rd gen is compatible but yes the Tomahawk looks pretty cool !

Yeah I did

I know there's ways to make it work with the old version but you're right

Imo not worth the hassle and not worth knowingly buying a faulty board
Norseg25/09/2019 21:05

Yeah I did I know there's ways to make it work with the old version but …Yeah I did I know there's ways to make it work with the old version but you're rightImo not worth the hassle and not worth knowingly buying a faulty board

Yes you can use the Tomahawk non-Max for a 3rd gen but I don’t know how to make the BIOS update so I will not take the risk lol
Assuming you might have one already but from scratch you're missing an SSD on the list
novadragon84925/09/2019 21:09

Assuming you might have one already but from scratch you're missing an SSD …Assuming you might have one already but from scratch you're missing an SSD on the list

Yes I forgot it lol I think I’ll go for a barracuda 2TB for hdd and a 240 gb SSD just for Windows and some apps
Put some 3600mhz CL16 in there if you can stretch to it, your Ryzen will appreciate it
No thought gone into the the most important part of the pc.......the PSU.

First rule of pc building especially when spending a grand is don't buy "any semi modular" psu.
m1keyp1key26/09/2019 10:10

No thought gone into the the most important part of the pc.......the PSU. …No thought gone into the the most important part of the pc.......the PSU. First rule of pc building especially when spending a grand is don't buy "any semi modular" psu.

Do you have one to recommend please I have no idea about which one is good for my comp
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3
80@ amazon
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 26th Sep
slayer21226/09/2019 10:13

Do you have one to recommend please I have no idea about which one is good …Do you have one to recommend please I have no idea about which one is good for my comp

I have had a corsair hx750i for years and been fantastic. Has seen me through 5 pc builds.
slayer21225/09/2019 21:07

Yes you can use the Tomahawk non-Max for a 3rd gen but I don’t know how to …Yes you can use the Tomahawk non-Max for a 3rd gen but I don’t know how to make the BIOS update so I will not take the risk lol

It's not difficult.

1. Connect the power supply to the CPU & Motherboard (No other components are necessary but power supply.)
2. Plug the USB flash drive (FAT32) that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port on rear I/O panel.
3. Press the Flash BIOS Button to flash BIOS, and the LED next to the button starts flashing.
4. After the flashing BIOS process is 100% completed, the LED would be off simultaneously.
Edited by: "Gormond" 26th Sep
I purchased a 3600, msi b450 tomahawk max, 16gb 3200 corsair veng and 256gb m2 and had nothing but trouble with it to the extent that i just wanted to throw it all away as ebuyer CS were useless. 20+ BSODs daily, refusing to boot, graphics would lock up. The amount of reading and testing from different forums was crazy. I updated to a BETA BIOS which made things a little more stable, the BSOD was just once a day but still it would only boot up from cold once in a while. There is also a known problem where it will only boot after you have pressed the power button for a second time. Also lots of messing with drivers in the right order and getting power plans exactly right.

I was actually afriad to turn it on in the end as i had tried everything and i mean everything. Then another shiny new BETA BIOS was released and *touches wood* its been pretty stable since then. I still get the feeling when i'm using it that its going to crash any moment. I really wish i had not upgraded from my old faithful i7-3770 now.
amancalledsloane26/09/2019 11:20

I purchased a 3600, msi b450 tomahawk max, 16gb 3200 corsair veng and …I purchased a 3600, msi b450 tomahawk max, 16gb 3200 corsair veng and 256gb m2 and had nothing but trouble with it to the extent that i just wanted to throw it all away as ebuyer CS were useless. 20+ BSODs daily, refusing to boot, graphics would lock up. The amount of reading and testing from different forums was crazy. I updated to a BETA BIOS which made things a little more stable, the BSOD was just once a day but still it would only boot up from cold once in a while. There is also a known problem where it will only boot after you have pressed the power button for a second time. Also lots of messing with drivers in the right order and getting power plans exactly right.I was actually afriad to turn it on in the end as i had tried everything and i mean everything. Then another shiny new BETA BIOS was released and *touches wood* its been pretty stable since then. I still get the feeling when i'm using it that its going to crash any moment. I really wish i had not upgraded from my old faithful i7-3770 now.

What are the BSOD stop codes? Is it memory related? Are they happening with stock BIOS settings apart from memory profile?
The BSOD are past tense now and they were all different BSOD messages. I finally installed a crash dump reader and although different BSOD they were all pointing at ntoskrnl.exe (from memory). It was happening at stock and i have to set the msi tom with the ocmp profile to get windows to recognise the memory was 3200 and not 2133.

As said i tried one beta bios that was supposed to fix memory incompatibilty...it did stop the BSOD but was still crashing. A newer beta bios was released by MSI and that seems to have remedied the problems now....always weary that it is going to start again though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants