Groups

Want to give some books away- what do I do?

Hi all,
    I have a few books I would gladly give away (the only payment I would ask for is P&P). How would I do this? New to HUKD so don't know much.
    Thx

28 Comments

Why not take them to a charity shop?

just make a thread with a list of books with postage cost and let people post replies as to what they want :), once its been confirmed can exchange adresses and payment info via private message

ooh what type of books? i'm bored with my current book...

RedIron;2829925

Why not take them to a charity shop?

or you could put them on your local freecycle site

advertise them here

freecycle.org/

bellabonkers;2829960

or you could put them on your local freecycle site

For someone to collect and sell on E-bay lol

Original Poster

onlyme23;2829935

just make a thread with a list of books with postage cost and let people … just make a thread with a list of books with postage cost and let people post replies as to what they want :), once its been confirmed can exchange adresses and payment info via private message

thx rep added

RedIron;2829970

For someone to collect and sell on E-bay lol

Oooohhh what a pessimist lol

Original Poster

yimmie;2829943

ooh what type of books? i'm bored with my current book...

well, they're not recent ones. there's some maureen lee books (who's a writer from liverpool- my faves) some jackie collins, some autobiography's (jeremy clarkson, posh n becks) but i'd have to get the full list cant remember anything more than these. if you're interested, i'll pm you a list tomorrow

I'm pretty sure you have to put the thread in the misc now as they didn't want people building up loads of feedback by giving away stuff

That may have changed again now though

Original Poster

RedIron;2830033

I'm pretty sure you have to put the thread in the misc now as they didn't … I'm pretty sure you have to put the thread in the misc now as they didn't want people building up loads of feedback by giving away stuffThat may have changed again now though

ok thx

I like Clarkson, so posting this so I can find it tommorow.

lyndsbowes;2830013

well, they're not recent ones. there's some maureen lee books (who's a … well, they're not recent ones. there's some maureen lee books (who's a writer from liverpool- my faves) some jackie collins, some autobiography's (jeremy clarkson, posh n becks) but i'd have to get the full list cant remember anything more than these. if you're interested, i'll pm you a list tomorrow

I might be interested in the Maureen Lee books :thumbsup:

My favourite author is Joan Jonker, another Liverpool writer

lyndsbowes;2830013

well, they're not recent ones. there's some maureen lee books (who's a … well, they're not recent ones. there's some maureen lee books (who's a writer from liverpool- my faves) some jackie collins, some autobiography's (jeremy clarkson, posh n becks) but i'd have to get the full list cant remember anything more than these. if you're interested, i'll pm you a list tomorrow

thank you, I am interested. I like bits such as Candace bushnell... (sex and the city) which is quite old... the book i read before my current one was the wag's diary! :oops: please do pm me a list! I'm very interested... I hate payig RRP on books! :oops: far too over priced considering there's no tax on them!

Have you tried Readit swapit? It's basically a website where you list books that you no longer want and you swap them with books on other peoples lists, all it costs you is the P & P.

readitswapit.co.uk/The…spx

Original Poster

will make a list later on today and post on here tonight. the people who have already said what they like are welcome to those books, will just have to work out P&P

lyndsbowes;2830013

eeew some of them are my books ....Jeremy clarkson etc .....dont be givin my stuff away :x

Original Poster

alnbowes;2833932

eeew some of them are my books ....Jeremy clarkson etc .....dont be … eeew some of them are my books ....Jeremy clarkson etc .....dont be givin my stuff away :x

whats yours is mine and whats mine is my own!! you wouldn't have even known they were missing if you hadn't seen this!

lyndsbowes;2833963

whats yours is mine and whats mine is my own!! you wouldn't have even … whats yours is mine and whats mine is my own!! you wouldn't have even known they were missing if you hadn't seen this!

not the point ....Im giving your hairdryer away on freecycle when i get home from work :whistling:

Original Poster

alnbowes;2833983

not the point ....Im giving your hairdryer away on freecycle when i get … not the point ....Im giving your hairdryer away on freecycle when i get home from work :whistling:

yeah but i use it all the time. books get read once and forgotten about and stored in our cramped little house taking up room for storage of other things

lyndsbowes;2834010

yeah but i use it all the time. books get read once and forgotten about … yeah but i use it all the time. books get read once and forgotten about and stored in our cramped little house taking up room for storage of other things

Freecycle ad:

Hi wanted to give away a Hairdryer . Perfect working order . Wife hasnt used for a few days , dont think she'll miss it. not enough room in our cramped little house :roll:

Original Poster

alnbowes;2834035

Freecycle ad: Hi wanted to give away a Hairdryer . Perfect working order … Freecycle ad: Hi wanted to give away a Hairdryer . Perfect working order . Wife hasnt used for a few days , dont think she'll miss it. not enough room in our cramped little house :roll:

lol very good :-D

lyndsbowes;2834050

lol very good :-D

Rep me then :whistling:

Original Poster

hi all, been extra bust today- been up since 4:15 am with youngest son!!! will sort list out tomorrow as liverpool match is on (forgot all about it) and i'll be going to bed after that

Banned

lyndsbowes;2836622

hi all, been extra bust today- been up since 4:15 am with youngest son!!! … hi all, been extra bust today- been up since 4:15 am with youngest son!!! will sort list out tomorrow as liverpool match is on (forgot all about it) and i'll be going to bed after that

It looks like your avatar has an extra bust

Original Poster

DLM;2836652

It looks like your avatar has an extra bust

I meant busy lol. I bet you have a lorra lorra laughs lol

Banned

lyndsbowes;2836689

I meant busy lol. I bet you have a lorra lorra laughs lol

I'm trying to, keep up the good work :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text