Want to give up smoking?

Found 13th Oct 2012
Just seen a post for nicorette lozengers and found myself posting how myself and husband gave up after me smoking since 14 and hubby since 19!

It occurred to me that this would be a good place to maybe help you.
By seeing this post you could give up too.
So if it helps one person even, I will be happy.

Good luck x

I have copied and pasted what I wrote in the post (saves rewriting it all again)!.............

I have gave up for the last 8 months and never thought I would be saying that!!!!!

I quit by downloading the app.... Stop Smoking In Two Hours. By Jason Vale on Itunes and have not smoked since!
If I had heard someone say this before I would definitely not have believed it but it is true.

My husband gave up by reading the Alan Carr Easy Way To Stop smoking but I tried to read it and found it very slow.
I have tried ecigs, patches gum and all failedand so did my husband but in the end we failed on them all.
The app or the book will tell you why.

We were both heavy smokers and gave up at the same time.
Really don't know how we did it lol. Like I said I would never have believed an app and a book could give us the key to stopping.

I liked the app as it hypnotherapy sessions as a follow up. I followed everything to a T and here I am.

Highly recommend the app and my husband would the book.

Good Luck if you are trying to quit x

PS I have no personal association with the app or iTunes etc!
Community Updates
MisciTunesStop SmokingApp
32 Comments
Banned
Nah, smoking looks cool.
Original Poster
Lol! That's what you think
Banned
Babylove

Lol! That's what you think

Fair point. Maybe it's just me that looks cool.
Quit years ago. Smoking is one of the stupidest things i have ever done. Smells nasty and it's dirty.
I stopped smoking after going to an Alan Carr seminar 2 yrs ago,I went thinking this wont work and im not really wanting to stop I was just doing it to make my family think I was at least trying,never smoked since and I had smoked for 30 yrs and was 40 cigs a day:)
ettam123

I stopped smoking after going to an Alan Carr seminar 2 yrs ago,I went … I stopped smoking after going to an Alan Carr seminar 2 yrs ago,I went thinking this wont work and im not really wanting to stop I was just doing it to make my family think I was at least trying,never smoked since and I had smoked for 30 yrs and was 40 cigs a day:)

HI ALAN!
Banned
Iv'e never smoked. It's an expensive, dirty, unhealthy habit. I just don't get human beings.
sherg

Iv'e never smoked. It's an expensive, dirty, unhealthy habit. I just … Iv'e never smoked. It's an expensive, dirty, unhealthy habit. I just don't get human beings.

sherg are you saying your not human>?
Edited by: "THRILLER-DEEJAY" 13th Oct 2012
I smoked 20ish a day for 15 years and stopped cold turkey in March this year. The first few days are hell but after that it's surprisingly not as hard as I thought it would be. It's 7 months on Monday. Anyone can give up smoking you just have to want to!
Banned
THRILLER-DEEJAY

sherg are you saying your not human>?

I wish I could say that.
momartin

I smoked 20ish a day for 15 years and stopped cold turkey in March this … I smoked 20ish a day for 15 years and stopped cold turkey in March this year. The first few days are hell but after that it's surprisingly not as hard as I thought it would be. It's 7 months on Monday. Anyone can give up smoking you just have to want to!

Couldn't be more right!
I quit with them e-cigarettes from china, but i had to buy some tasty e-juice from here (about a fiver) with the nicotine on high. Helped greatly, you can 'smoke' them things indoors too. Now I'm recommending them to everyone. They cost about 4 pounds.
Original Poster
THRILLER-DEEJAY

Couldn't be more right!

I know some people do it that way and stay quit.

I gave up before cold turkey but didn't work for me unfortunately.
I struggled to much.
The app helped give me answers and somehow made it easier for me.

Congrats to you
Original Poster
brilly

HI ALAN!

Seminars are £200 aren't they? But congrats to you, maybe the book would have done he same thing!? and cheaper, but suppose in the scheme of things when you take in the costs you have saved by quitting, who cares.

Congrats
Original Poster
yeahbutitsnotfree

I quit with them e-cigarettes from china, but i had to buy some tasty … I quit with them e-cigarettes from china, but i had to buy some tasty e-juice from here (about a fiver) with the nicotine on high. Helped greatly, you can 'smoke' them things indoors too. Now I'm recommending them to everyone. They cost about 4 pounds.

i had these too, the ejuice was lovely to smoke with different flavours etc. but found myself still struggling in the end with these as it was still nicotine.
When i would try to wean off them....i again, ended up, back on cigs

Better than a real cigarettes though as they haven't got all the other chemicals and poisons.
Original Poster
JonnyTwoToes

Fair point. Maybe it's just me that looks cool.

Well, I don't know about that either..... Again, it may be a case of.... That's what you think? X)
I quit 12 months ago........

I'm more than happy with my crack pipe these days.
sherg

Iv'e never smoked. It's an expensive, dirty, unhealthy habit. I just … Iv'e never smoked. It's an expensive, dirty, unhealthy habit. I just don't get human beings. Much better downing a bottle of vodka a day.

Fixed
Babylove

i had these too, the ejuice was lovely to smoke with different flavours … i had these too, the ejuice was lovely to smoke with different flavours etc. but found myself still struggling in the end with these as it was still nicotine. When i would try to wean off them....i again, ended up, back on cigs :(Better than a real cigarettes though as they haven't got all the other chemicals and poisons.

So you know exactly what's in there then? They're totally unregulated so they can put any poisonous crap in they like. We'll only know the truth in time......
JonnyTwoToes

Nah, smoking looks cool.

You said that a couple of years ago in a similar thread. It wasn't funny then either
Original Poster
Shengis

So you know exactly what's in there then? They're totally unregulated so … So you know exactly what's in there then? They're totally unregulated so they can put any poisonous crap in they like. We'll only know the truth in time......

True! I agree. I did have some from China but it was from a site called totallywicked and you could pay more for ones that weren't from the China, which I did too.

Well, just glad I'm off them all!
Banned
deek72

You said that a couple of years ago in a similar thread. It wasn't funny … You said that a couple of years ago in a similar thread. It wasn't funny then either

Nothing funny about looking cool Deek. Serious business.
Original Poster
PS

How do you like a comment?

Never mind! Worked it out lol
Edited by: "Babylove" 13th Oct 2012
Gave up smoking in Feb 2009, been chewing nicorette gum ever since. :-(
Original Poster
ScubaDudes

Gave up smoking in Feb 2009, been chewing nicorette gum ever since. :-(

Better than smoking a cig with all the other chemicals and carciogenics!

Listen to the app? Might help?
I get what you're saying but I have too much to lose if I smoke again. My wife has terrible asthma and she's been so much better since I stopped. I never smoked in the house but I must've been smelly etc. I realised how selfish I was and that my little habit was hurting the person I love the most. That's my motivation for not starting smoking again plus I'm £200+ better off a month!
I prefer everyone keeps smoking drinking and taking drugs so the population decreases
Original Poster
tryn2help

The nicotine is generally out of the body after only 3 days - just 3 days … The nicotine is generally out of the body after only 3 days - just 3 days of cold turkey - ask your GP. Once the 'craving' for nicotine has gone you're only dealing with the habit, and that eventually goes too (it's just a psychological thing) - takes a heck of a lot longer than 3 days tho - but we all made it and so can you

The psychological thing is what kept me smoking for 19yrs! finally the app helped me break it!

Banned
The Jason Vale app mentioned by the OP is absolutely brilliant. Worked for me 3 weeks ago, not had a single craving since it All he does is talk sense for 2 hours and you realise what an idiot you have been for smoking. Then you just stop.

All the reviews on iTunes seem too good to be true, I thought the same thing too but it absolutely, definitely works. If you want to stop smoking and have an IOS device, get this app now
Original Poster
DJ1

The Jason Vale app mentioned by the OP is absolutely brilliant. Worked … The Jason Vale app mentioned by the OP is absolutely brilliant. Worked for me 3 weeks ago, not had a single craving since it All he does is talk sense for 2 hours and you realise what an idiot you have been for smoking. Then you just stop. All the reviews on iTunes seem too good to be true, I thought the same thing too but it absolutely, definitely works. If you want to stop smoking and have an IOS device, get this app now

I obviously agree!

Congrats on giving up DJ1!

You have to set aside the whole two hours and have no distractions AT ALL.
Then you have follow up hypnotherapy for a time after that.

DJ1

The Jason Vale app mentioned by the OP is absolutely brilliant. Worked … The Jason Vale app mentioned by the OP is absolutely brilliant. Worked for me 3 weeks ago, not had a single craving since it All he does is talk sense for 2 hours and you realise what an idiot you have been for smoking. Then you just stop. All the reviews on iTunes seem too good to be true, I thought the same thing too but it absolutely, definitely works. If you want to stop smoking and have an IOS device, get this app now

Is it available for android? Can't find it on google play
Original Poster
Don't think you can, but think it is going to at some point

Edited by: "Babylove" 15th Oct 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions