Groups

Want to go away in oct/nov.. book now or last minute?

I havent been on holiday for a while so im a bit out of touch with the holiday market trends... At one point it was best to book last minute.. then it was book in advance..

What about now? Shall I look to book asap or best to wait? Do holidays get cheap out of season?

So much choice of where to go.. would like to go to some quiet Island somewhere if anyone can reccommend one!

11 Comments

Good question

I'm after the same advice for going away in November or December

I'm pulling my hair out with all the options

The one thing I'm noticing atm with lots of online "offers" is that there doesn't seem to be much money off the actual full brochure price, despite what the operators claim

This is edging me towards waiting

I've been looking at holidays for about 2 months - we're going in 3 weeks and booking this weekend. Prices have definitely gone down a lot since I first started looking. My recommendation would be to leave it until a week or two before you go.
    Edited by: "baffledsalmon" 9th Aug 2010

Ive had the opposite experience
    i was looking at a week in egypt/morocco september time
    prices have gone up by about 50-75 in the last week or two
    i guess it depends on where you want to go

always seem to go up the later u leave it....thats what ive seen?

errm and regarding where, depends on who is going, ur budget and what u like to do. we are a family with young kids and we like villas. so we do the canaries as its good weather for going in the pool and just chilling. lus its not too exensive. am thinking dubai maybe and in 2 yrs to florida! yay

bhara

Ive had the opposite experiencei was looking at a week in egypt/morocco … Ive had the opposite experiencei was looking at a week in egypt/morocco september timeprices have gone up by about 50-75 in the last week or twoi guess it depends on where you want to go

hi, was looking to go to morocco myself this week but it didnt come off, toying with booking this for soon though

La Maison Des Oliviers

Morocco 020 3 027 8143 @ hotels.com

hotels.com/hotels/2000000/1720000/1717300/1717262/1717262_20_b.jpg" alt="http://www.hotels.com/hotels/2000000/1720000/1717300/1717262/1717262_20_b.jpg" />

Edited by: "michelleleemoo" 9th Aug 2010

michelleleemoo

hi, was looking to go to morocco myself this week but it didnt come off, … hi, was looking to go to morocco myself this week but it didnt come off, toying with booking this for soon though .numberOfAdults=2&tab=prices&arrivalDate=15-08-2010&hotelId=257748&validate=false&destination=Marrakech%2C+Morocco]link to hotel

the cheapest package deal ive seen with flights was for about £350 for that price but would rather go egypt then.

Banned

flights. airport parking, car hire - as early as poss

accom - as late as poss

Original Poster

is there no last minute deals on flights anymore csiman? since its only 2 months away i dont think ill get any 'early' booking deals If I book now and then theres no hotels left id be in trouble

Banned

chrisharry12345

is there no last minute deals on flights anymore csiman? since its only 2 … is there no last minute deals on flights anymore csiman? since its only 2 months away i dont think ill get any 'early' booking deals If I book now and then theres no hotels left id be in trouble

yes there will be if you really arent fussed about destination but leave it till the week before you go.

Original Poster

Has anyone used villarenters.com/ any tips etc?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions