Want to keep lan line number

Found 1st Apr
Hi.

I will be selling my property but moving into my parents home for awhile until I find a new house. All of these properties will be in area with phone code starting with 0208. Geographically they will fall in a 3-4 mile radius.

I want to keep my lan line phone number until I move into my new home. What are the possible ways?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments
Depending on which phone company you are with you may be able to transfer the number to vonage. Vonage doesn’t use a traditional landline to enable calls but allows you with a piece of equipment plugged into a modem (which your normal landline handsets plug into) to run your line through the internet. (It’s cheaper than a landline too). This means if your parents have internet you can plug your landline in at their house too and use it whilst you live there and it doesn’t matter when you move just simply get virgin broadband only and plug the kit into the router at your new house and your away. You also get free call forwarding to two devices meaning you can forward your calls to a mobile.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 1st Apr
I would first try contacting BT or your provider. They can’t transfer numbers out of the same exchange but if they both have the same area code they *may* be able to for a cost usually I have found
You would have to keep the line active and continue paying line rental, otherwise the number will be recycled after a few months.
You could move the line to your parents house, have it installed as a 2nd line* and then move it again when you have your new house.

* Expect to pay between £50-£130 to have the new line installed, some providers will discount that charge if you also have broadband.
Original Poster
ItWasNotMe1st Apr

You would have to keep the line active and continue paying line rental, …You would have to keep the line active and continue paying line rental, otherwise the number will be recycled after a few months.You could move the line to your parents house, have it installed as a 2nd line* and then move it again when you have your new house.* Expect to pay between £50-£130 to have the new line installed, some providers will discount that charge if you also have broadband.

Many thanks guys for all your comments.

I wont mind paying line rental or money towards keeping the number. I will have to see if your option is accepted by PlusNet.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions