Groups

Want to sell lots of books....any idea how to sell them?

I have loads of fictional books i would like to get rid of, lots of chick lit type things, some thrillers.
    Any idea of a way of making a little bit of money. i did try ebay once but most did not sell and it was a lot of work putting them all on. Really wasnt worth the effort. Anybody got any ideas.

14 Comments

I think a car boot is your best bet.

Car boot sale might be your best bet once the weather picks up, they sell well especially for when people are going on holidays in the summer months...........

snowtiger;4294803

I think a car boot is your best bet.

Stop copying me !!!!!!!! (great minds think alike)

We sold loads of our books at the car boot sale

So really confirms what the others said before

If you can't be bothered doing a car boot some second hand bookshops will take a job lot off you. Likely to be less than you would have got but also less work.

check prices on amazon first to see if you have anything valuable first. If so Amazon gives you access to the biggest market. Easy to sell through them, although their fees are quite hefty (no charges if you don't sell though). Most pulp fiction is worth next to nothing though and isn't worth listing.

Btw, if you say 'fictional books' rather than 'fiction' doesn't that suggest the books don't exist?

Liddle ol' me;4295008

Btw, if you say 'fictional books' rather than 'fiction' doesn't that … Btw, if you say 'fictional books' rather than 'fiction' doesn't that suggest the books don't exist?

Wow someone who is even more pedantic than me!!:-D:thumbsup:

hellfire;4295028

Wow someone who is even more pedantic than me!!:-D:thumbsup:

Always glad to meet a fellow pedant! :friends:

I'd agree car boot sale. Chick lit is worth nothing on Amazon I've looked as I loads too, ebay not worth it either. I ended up car boot and free cycling rest

What type of books do you have that you are selling? (Pref. Adult Fiction!)

Original Poster

[
    Btw, if you say 'fictional books' rather than 'fiction' doesn't that suggest the books don't exist? [/QUOTE]

Yes cant you just tell I'm a girl that reads chick lit rubbish.

Thanks for all your ideas i think i will have to do car boot when weather gets better.

To be honest, at least around by me, most people seem to just give them away on freecycle - think they tried the car boots and had no joy - but good luck anyway

Original Poster

Great ideas thanks
    I think i will try my most recent books on green metropolis, a box or so of books people would recognise from the last year or so at a car boot and give the rest to local charities.
    Appreciate the advise.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 111323
      2. Samsung s8 trade in22
      3. Tumble Dryer request45
      4. Anyone got experience with an instant water heater for a shower?33

See more discussions