Groups
    EXPIRED

wanted 12v 800ma power supply cheap

hi people looking for a very cheap poss new 12v 800ma power supply to work my cctv barrel type end
    please let me no what you have thanks

11 Comments

What a co-incidence , I just got my CCTV barrel type [bullet cam ] delivered today and thats what is required to power it .It didn't come with a PSU.I have tried it and the quality is very good even in low light , not too sharp but the colours OK. It's a CCD type .I used a battery power pack [PowerCube] to try it but it didn't work on the 12v setting . It only worked on the 9v setting even though it states 12v on the label.I have quite a few spare PSU's .9v ,12v etc but some are different centre pins . Some are + centre pin and some are - centre pin . Be sure to try them with a voltmeter before plugging into the camera . It didn't state this on the instruction sheet. Reverse the polarity are you can blow the camera .

Original Poster

thanks good job you said that as its a £270 camera

Original Poster

sme24185

looked in book + is centre pin

sme24185

blooming heck , £270 , must be a good camera !

mine was £16 from a Chinese ebay seller.

Original Poster

lol ok i no 50m in dark sony make etc

Wow , 50m !
    mines a Sony CCD but without LED's . It's for inside the car , the LED's reflect off the glass .Just ordered another coz it's good . I can run 4 altogether in the car and record all sides from the vehicle . I'm running 2 at the moment , just front and back .

Original Poster

in the car? why? how are you recording it? im recording on a dvr with network
    yes it is a very high spec cam with zoom etc a bit to high spec for what i need but,,,

surely there mush be a cheap power supply somewhere?

I bought a mobile DVR a few years ago and always wanted to use it in the car . The mini dvr's using SD cards are very popular nowadays...you stick them on the windscreen to record your journeys in case of acidents . If someone reverses into your car in the case of the scams , you can prove to the police/insurance companys it wasn't your fault .Some insurance companys offer a discount if you use something like this. The mobile unit automatically starts recording when you turn on the ignition , records upto 4 cameras , one with audio onto the hard drive. You play back the footage on any TV , download the footage to a laptop and watch in multiplex or single camera .
    All this security stuff is really taking off , I also have a one in the home that also records upto 4 cameras bought after I had steel stolen from the rear of the house .I've been in to this stuff for years and have loads of different cameras and devices, LED lamps etc .
    I've just found a bag of new PSU's ,many boxed :
    12v : 500mA
    10.2v : 800mA
    11.5v : 600mA
    12v : 2A
    9v : 1200mA
    12v : 1.5A
    Some are positive center pins , some are not . Easy to rewire with a new socket from Maplin.

Original Poster

ok nothing near what i need only 12v 500ma what you what for it?

Original Poster

anyone? got one?

sme24185

ok nothing near what i need only 12v 500ma what you what for it?

I suppose a couple of quid ,but there would be postage .What about a fiver all in ??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?45
      2. Best laptop on the market11
      3. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE56
      4. Are smart parking limited legitimate55

See more discussions