Expired

wanted: 28 or 30 inch tv (not lcd or plasma), good make!

Found 21st May 2006
Hope you can help:
looking for a 28 or 30 inch tv cheap as possible, either normal widescreen or rear projection. not worried about HDTV but it needs to have scart and s-video cable connections etc...

Preferably a decent make (all those Bush tv's look a bit dodgey to me but I could be wrong).
Any suggestions appreciated as our current one is about to bite the dust and the world cup isn't far away!!
thanks.

6 Comments

Samsung 28" Pureflat Widescreen TV for £223.30 delivered at Microdirect.co.uk

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/images/CNET/I441133.jpg

Samsung 32" Pureflat widescreen TV for £303 delivered here

Original Poster

oooh. thanks!

lxdirect.com/rf/….do

search for BEKO and it is 2nd tv listed
http://www.lxdirect.com/images/products/thumbnail/py/py592v33t.jpg
28ins widescreen TV
£159.99

also use one of the voucher codes for further discount, Quidco or other cashback sites will also lower price

don't know if beko are a good make just saw the price was reduced.

argos have some also but not as cheap,

The best deal at the moment is a Samsung HD ready CRT for £399 at Curry's. It's not currently online there..

However this is pretty much the same model at Comet

comet.co.uk/com…tml

Once the samsung comes online then you can get it down to 362 using vouchers and quidco.

This Tv has a HDMI which makes it future proof.

It is also a Samsung Slimline CRT which makes it a very nice tv to look at.

Original Poster

Great find lawrenzini...but can I bring myself to buy from Curry's - I had such a bad experience about 8 years ago with a stereo that broke and they wouldn't take it back for repair because the aerial had snapped the first time I (gently) pulled it up. The manager just couldn't understand that I wanted to return becuase the cd player AND the aerial had both broken in the same day.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition77884
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!77
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…1111
    4. Win a trip to Dublin, with Ireland.com via Classic FM23

See more discussions