Found 25th Jan 2010
Hi im looking for a laptop/notebook for my 5 year old, so he can start learning more about them.
the condition isn't important will even consider broken ones.
Ideally I would like to pay nothing for it, so if anyone just want to clear some space and help a bloke and his lil boy out please let me know.

Thanks.

7 Comments

Can't he just use your pc/laptop/netbook?

Banned

if a broken one is ok - why not just give him a keyboard to `play` with

vickywil5;7654645

Like my dd does

They learn the basics at school - she nabs mine to make her own spreadsheets and databases lol

try asking on your local freecycle if you're not wanting to pay for it, occasionally see them on ours

Original Poster

vickywil5;7654645

I know this sounds crule but god no it was a expenisive one and i would not want him to break it
tangramman;7654737

if a broken one is ok - why not just give him a keyboard to `play` with

I would try to fix it, its not just to play with

libEL;7654762

Like my dd does :)They learn the basics at school - she nabs mine to make … Like my dd does :)They learn the basics at school - she nabs mine to make her own spreadsheets and databases loltry asking on your local freecycle if you're not wanting to pay for it, occasionally see them on ours

Thanks for the advice i have had a look but am going to in more detail later, just thought i would try my luck :-D you never know.

Someone's got a laptop advertised on the fs/ft board for £150. Think Netto were advertising one for around £100

Grab an old one from ebay, or your local repair shop, or even a relative, put Linux (Ubuntu preferably - it comes with some great games) on it and it will work a charm. Get Open Office if you want to teach him about the various office packages.

the best advice is go to yr local library and book in a slot for a hr a day after his school time that way you can show him the ropes and he can get to use a working model for free good luck christine:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…22
    2. Foo fighters pre sale code45
    3. ZAVVI and Pre-Orders11
    4. Amazon New Christmas Gift Store - Not the best of suggestions.11

See more discussions