Expired

Wanted - 5m Extension Ladder

3 replies
Found 12th Jun 2009
I'm looking for a 3 part extension ladder so I can do jobs on my house like cleaning the windows etc.. Needs to extend to at least 5.4m. I've found one at lewisladders for £75 but I know nothing about ladders so was looking for advise. Is this a good price and a decent ladder?

lewisladders.co.uk/GBX…htm

3 Comments

As a window cleaner, I use 3.4m double extension ladders. These are sufficient to reach gutters on a 2 story house but not big enough to reach the eve's of the house. I use a triple 3.4m extension for any work this high. Triple ladders are heavier and harder to put up but easier to store and transport, you can also take 1 section off and use the 2.4 double for lower jobs. Class 3 (domestic) are fine unless your a very heavy build, you will get a lifetime out of them if you use them correct (I use class 3 and get a years contant use out of a set).

Personally I would opt for a 3.4 double instead of a 2.4 triple but these seem a decent price and its up to you.

To stop any confusion above, a 3.4m double extends to about 5.4m.

The ladders you describe are 2.4m triples.

That is one of the best answers I have ever seen on this forum. Clearly put, imparts knowledge and benefits both the OP and casual readers like myself. Thank You
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Keyboard & Mouse combo (sort of) on Xbox One - Yay or Nay?34
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769582
    3. Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington strea…33
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!79

See more discussions