Groups

Wanted advice on gift experience driving days please

Ive been thinking about what to get my oh for xmas and cant think of anything. Ive seen some driving gift experiences which i think he will like, has anybody been on one before? and are they any good.Also would me and my lo be able to go the track with him to watch?Any help would be great

23 Comments

We just got my husband one for his birthday, he'll use it next year - it does say spectators are allowed though

My gf brought me a ferrari driving experience for my birthday it was AMAZING. You can spectate quite close as well. You can also buy a dvd of his driving of an in car view.

Original Poster

xsazzyjayx

We just got my husband one for his birthday, he'll use it next year - it … We just got my husband one for his birthday, he'll use it next year - it does say spectators are allowed though

demolisher

My gf brought me a ferrari driving experience for my birthday it was … My gf brought me a ferrari driving experience for my birthday it was AMAZING. You can spectate quite close as well. You can also buy a dvd of his driving of an in car view.

I think he will like it but havent a clue which one to get - where did you two purchase yours from?

xsazzyjayx

We just got my husband one for his birthday, he'll use it next year - it … We just got my husband one for his birthday, he'll use it next year - it does say spectators are allowed though

demolisher

My gf brought me a ferrari driving experience for my birthday it was … My gf brought me a ferrari driving experience for my birthday it was AMAZING. You can spectate quite close as well. You can also buy a dvd of his driving of an in car view.

Buy a Gift - It was £59 but got £9.15 cashback from Quidco

xsazzyjayx

demolisher

I think she got it from argos, this is going back a few years tho

Original Poster

xsazzyjayx

Buy a Gift - It was £59 but got £9.15 cashback from Quidco

Oh fab - the one ive just seen was a virgin one and was nearly £100 so will check hat now thanks hun x

Thanks demolisher ill check argos too
    Edited by: "rachel.jones88" 9th Dec 2010

You can get these with Tesco vouchers - makes it a very cheap way of getting them.......

Try buyagift.com....there is a 20% off voucher on here if you look for it

Oh, and I have done the rally driving one and it was great fun, especially when you are taken around by a 'proper' driver!

cdm22

Try buyagift.com....there is a 20% off voucher on here if you look for it … Try buyagift.com....there is a 20% off voucher on here if you look for it

The £59 experience won't allow any codes with it for some reason

Original Poster

gari189

You can get these with Tesco vouchers - makes it a very cheap way of … You can get these with Tesco vouchers - makes it a very cheap way of getting them.......

Great will check it out

cdm22

Try buyagift.com....there is a 20% off voucher on here if you look for it … Try buyagift.com....there is a 20% off voucher on here if you look for it

Thanks will have a look

So it there any certain car experience that anybody can recconmend?

xsazzyjayx

The £59 experience won't allow any codes with it for some reason

Hmm, youre right! Bum!

gari189

You can get these with Tesco vouchers - makes it a very cheap way of … You can get these with Tesco vouchers - makes it a very cheap way of getting them.......

cdm22

Try buyagift.com....there is a 20% off voucher on here if you look for … Try buyagift.com....there is a 20% off voucher on here if you look for it

The £59 one lets the voucher holder choose a car from a list when booking I think - think the husband will go for the Aston Martin...

Original Poster

xsazzyjayx

The £59 one lets the voucher holder choose a car from a list when booking … The £59 one lets the voucher holder choose a car from a list when booking I think - think the husband will go for the Aston Martin...

Even better - will look in to that sazzyjay

Just received an email from the Asda Baby & Toddler Group:

asda-gifts.co.uk/Cat…ces

£5 off using the code: ASDABABY

I can very highly recommend using buyagift! We brought my dad a driving exp. with them this year for his birthday. We paid less than £100 and he got 2/3 laps as a passenger then an off road drive and finally 6 laps in an aston. They were so professional all day, it was well structured and everything ran really smoothly. I wouldnt hesitate in using them again.

Quidco also have a £5 voucher off too, just used it & it worked for me (_;)

Original Poster

Thanks everyone

Various family members have done different driving experiences over the years and we tend to find out where our local driving places are and see what the prices are direct.
    I was sent this link last week so may be worth a try to see if code is still valid - tellallmyfriends.com/pro…box
    Code is DRIVEMVC
    Forgot to say code takes it from £148 to £59 apparently
    Edited by: "loobie" 10th Dec 2010

Original Poster

loobie

Various family members have done different driving experiences over the … Various family members have done different driving experiences over the years and we tend to find out where our local driving places are and see what the prices are direct. I was sent this link last week so may be worth a try to see if code is still valid -http://www.tellallmyfriends.com/products/ultimate-christmas-driving-box Code is DRIVEMVCForgot to say code takes it from £148 to £59 apparently

Thanks for that hun have your family used these before are they good? x

Ive not used this company before no, i'd do a little check before ordering as i do with most sites.

I did the Aston Martin one at Thruxton in August and loved it. My wife opted for the extra car as well (single seater) however I would not recommend the single seater as you do not know the car how it will perform and you are obviously on your own so are not told how to get the best out of it. Also the rear view mirror was Tin Foil so had no idea what was around me (this is something that the instructor keeps an eye on when in the car with them so you can concentrate on driving.

Its also worth looking into seeing if Tiff Nedle (or however you spell it!) is going to a track as he was charging £125 (a lot I know) for 3 laps as a passenger in his BMW M3. I did not do it but looked great, man he can drive!

125mph down the back straight at Thruxton wish I could go back and do it again!

Be aware though, that these "driving " days do not involve much driving. You'll get about 10 laps of the circuit, and, if a lap is a 1:30, then you're looking at about 13 minutes worth of driving. It will be over before you know it. The rest is filled with safety talks and a few laps as a passenger.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764185
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?67
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846152
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?27125

See more discussions