Groups
    EXPIRED

Wanted Best Buy Chateauneuf Du Pape French Red Wine

Any help sourcing 6 bottles of Chateauneuf Du Pape. Best buy is more important than year. Just need 6 bottles, I know "asda" a special buy last year, any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

4 Comments

From Tesco website, seems a good price too :-)

I think I have had this one but can't be 100% certain as it was a while ago, be worth getting one bottle and "giving it a test" Hope it's ok for you

Tesco Finest Chateauneuf Du Pape 75cl SAVE £5.00 Was £12.98 Now £7.98 SAVE £5.00 - valid from 10/12/2008 until 06/01/2009

Rich, soft red with curranty, peppery, flavours. Try it with beef Wellington, or with good Camembert!
    What Our Expert Said
    Of the places in the world where the Grenache grape makes its richest, most impressive wines, the most famous are Priorato in Catalonia, and Chateauneuf-du-Pape, just north of Avignon in south-east France. The famous, large 'pudding stone' pebbles that cover the Chateauneuf vineyards absorb the sun's heat during the day, and release it at night, making for super-ripe grapes. This combines 60% Grenache with 25% Syrah, and small amounts of Mourvedre and Counoise.

“of the 2005: recommended”
    The Independent - Anthony Rose - Dec 9 2006

Country
    France
    Winemaker
    Henry Bouachon / Christian Abry / Jean-Philippe Trollet
    Winemaker Information
    This wine is made using traditional vinification methods. It undergoes a long period in vat and is then matured in traditional oak barrels.
    History
    Les Caves Saint Pierre has remained in the Bouachon family for more than a century and they pride themselves on their reputation for making some of the best Châteauneuf-du-Pape in France. This renowned winegrowing region, bathed in sunlight, boasts soils covered with large siliceous pebbles ("pudding stones") which create the famous "oven" effect. The 13 grape varieties grown in this unique terroir are united to achieve a harmonious blend with full and lasting flavours and a characteristic maturity.
    Allergy Advice
    Contains
    Sulphite
    Other Allergens

Suitable for Vegans, Suitable for Vegetarians

Storage
    This wine is ideal for drinking now but can be kept for up to 6 years

just bought a couple from Tesco for staff birthday ...
    the white label is £9.99 but the ]yellow label (Tesco Finest name on it) became £7.98 (half price) today! loads still on the shelf at 1230 noon today at my branch. both were 2007.

nice.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj176/kipper1105/photo.jpg

hotukdeals.com/ite…-d/

thanks to the post above ... try this code might work :
    XX-CERT to get a further £15 off.

I have to say Tesco Finest wine is surprisingly good, never had a bad bottle yet, worth a punt at that price.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1517
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions