Groups
    EXPIRED

Wanted CD Audio Books

I'm looking to buy any New or used CD Audio books, thrillers, crime fiction type...etc

I can pay by paypal, but don't want to pay too much for them

18 Comments

I have the 'audio' files for some Chubby Brown or Jimmy Carr live stand up gigs if that's any use to you.

I can send you the file (so no p&p), and you can burn it to disc if you want to save on the pennies

Original Poster

Thanks....nice of you to offer :)..cant stand chubby brown but I like Jimmy Carr :)..can I send you my email addy in a pm?

Yeah, i'll pop it in a zip file.

It's his latest show (my personal favourite), 'Comedian' which was out at Christmas.

That one okay for ya matey?

Original Poster

Thats great thanks...rep left for you

Hey mate! I just tried to e-mail it you but sadly the file is too large for hotmail.

So what i'll do is upload it to a download site such as megaupload.com

and then soon as i've done that, i'll pm you the link to where you can download it from. If you have any problems understanding the site i'm happy to help.

Original Poster

Thanks alot for that

Don't know if you'll be interested,but I have quite a few audio books on tape. There up at my parents,but if interested I'll go up and check the titles. Mixed and all brand new. I got them off my publisher friend. Just let me know...

Also have you thought about hiring from the library my dad got a load for his mum when she was dying from cancer , and think was only like £1 per book . You could always copy them to your hard drive then

Original Poster

rehydrated;2600698

Don't know if you'll be interested,but I have quite a few audio books on … Don't know if you'll be interested,but I have quite a few audio books on tape. There up at my parents,but if interested I'll go up and check the titles. Mixed and all brand new. I got them off my publisher friend. Just let me know...

Sadly I dont have a cassette player to play them on but they would of been great :)...rep given:thumbsup:

Original Poster

DIVA1977;2601078

Also have you thought about hiring from the library my dad got a load for … Also have you thought about hiring from the library my dad got a load for his mum when she was dying from cancer , and think was only like £1 per book . You could always copy them to your hard drive then

Yes I often hire them but wanted to buy some , sorry to hear of your loss and thanks, rep given :-D

Original Poster

MisterMarston;2600589

Hey mate! I just tried to e-mail it you but sadly the file is too large … Hey mate! I just tried to e-mail it you but sadly the file is too large for hotmail.So what i'll do is upload it to a download site such as megaupload.comand then soon as i've done that, i'll pm you the link to where you can download it from. If you have any problems understanding the site i'm happy to help.

Listening to Jimmy Now..in stitches!!!...lol..very funny...appreciate it :-D

I've got a whole selection of audiobooks on mp3. Got them when I broke both my arms in a bike crash and couldn't turn pages of books!
    I've got books by Dan Brown, Tom Clancy, CS Lewis, Andy McNab, Chris Ryan and I'm sure I have set of John Grisham books. There is about 16 GB of data so they will need to go on DVDs, If you're interested let me know and I'll give you the full list.

The works often have them very cheap and may be worth checking sites like the book people for sets of them

I have to say that this is one of the best threads I have read on this forum. It just goes to show how nice people can be.

Original Poster

pugw$sh;2604532

I've got a whole selection of audiobooks on mp3. Got them when I broke … I've got a whole selection of audiobooks on mp3. Got them when I broke both my arms in a bike crash and couldn't turn pages of books!I've got books by Dan Brown, Tom Clancy, CS Lewis, Andy McNab, Chris Ryan and I'm sure I have set of John Grisham books. There is about 16 GB of data so they will need to go on DVDs, If you're interested let me know and I'll give you the full list.

Thanks!..yes please i'd love the list
    rep given

Original Poster

DIVA1977;2604904

The works often have them very cheap and may be worth checking sites like … The works often have them very cheap and may be worth checking sites like the book people for sets of them

Didnt think about that shop..will have to check them out thanks

sindy;2608600

Thanks!..yes please i'd love the list :)rep given

PM sent with a full list.

Hi. If you are still looking for audiobooks, I have 400 classics in mp3 format. They can play on your laptop/computer, dvd player or mp3 player. There are 7 dvd's. Can't list all of them though: Here's some of the list:

DVD 1

A Bennett The Card
    AA Milne The Red House Mystery
    Aesop's Fables
    Aldous Huxley Crome Yellow
    Ambrose Bierce Present At A Hanging &
    Other Ghost Stories
    Ambrose Bierce The Parenticide Club
    Anna Sewell Black Beauty
    Anthony Hope The Prisoner of Zenda
    Anthony Trollope The Warden
    Arnold Bennett Price of Love
    Arthur Conan Doyle The Sign of The Four
    Beatrix Potter The Treasury of Beatrix
    Potter
    Beowulf
    Bram Stoker Dracula
    Carlo Collodi Pinocchio
    Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol
    Charles Dickens Oliver Twist
    Charlotte Bronte Villette
    CS Lewis Spirits In Bondage
    Dante The Divine Comedy

DVD 2
    Chaucer Canterbury Tales
    Daniel Defoe Moll Flanders
    Dorothy L. Sayers Whose Body
    EW Hornung The Amateur Cracksman
    Edgar Allen Poe The Raven
    Edgar Rice Burroughs Princess of Mars
    Edgar Rice Burroughs The Gods of Mars
    Edith Nesbit Five Children and It
    Edith Nesbit Railway Children
    Edith Wharton The Age of Innocence
    Edward F Benson Queen Lucia
    Eleanor H Porter Pollyanna
    Ethel Sybil Turner Seven Little Australians
    FH Burnett The Secret Garden
    Florence L Barclay The Rosary
    Frances H Burnett A little Princess
    Frances H Burnett Little Lord Fauntleroy
    Frances H Burnett Sara Crewe
    Frank Baum Sky Island
    Franz Kafka The Metamorphosis

DVD 3

Frank Baum Dorothy & the Wizard of Oz
    Frank Baum Emerald City
    Frank Baum Enchanted Island of Yew
    Frank Baum Lost Princess of Oz
    Frank Baum Marvelous Land of Oz
    Frank Baum Mother Goose in Prose
    Frank Baum Road to Oz
    Gene Stratton Porter Michael O'Halloran
    George & Weedon Grossmith The Diary of a Nobody
    George Eliot Silas Marner
    George MacDonald The Light Princess
    G K Chesterton The Innocence of Father Brown
    Gustave Flaubert Three Short Works
    H Beam Piper Flight From Tomorrow
    H Beam Piper Graveyard Of Dreams
    H Beam Piper Temple Trouble
    H Ryder Haggard Allan Quatermain
    H Ryder Haggard King Solomon's Mines
    Hans Christian Anderson's Fairy Tales
    Harriet B Stowe Uncle Tom’s Cabin
    Henry James International Episode
    Henry James The Turn Of The Screw
    HG Wells The Island of Dr Moreau
    HG Wells War Of The Worlds

DVD 4
    Herman Melville Typee
    Honoré de Balzac Sarrasine
    Howard Pyle Robin Hood
    Hugh Lofting The Story Of Doctor Dolittle
    Jack London Call of the Wild
    Jack London White Fang
    Jacob & W Grimm's Fairy Tales
    James Baldwin Robinson Crusoe Written
    Anew For Children
    Jane Austen Emma
    Jane Austen Mansfield Park
    Jane Austen Northanger Abbey
    Jane Austen Pride & Prejudice
    Jane Austen Sense and Sensibility
    JD Wyss The Swiss Family Robinson
    Jean Webster Daddy-Long-Legs
    JS Fletcher The Middle Temple Murder
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?23
      2. Private Number Plate33
      3. Is there a way to know how well clippers cut hair, (e.g. motor power).44
      4. Duty, VAT on import of goods from USA [outside EU]511

See more discussions