Expired

Wanted: Cheapest TV for Bedroom

0 replies
Found 10th Dec 2007
I am after a cheap but decent tv for the bedroom, would be great if it was HD, LCD or something but price is the main thing. Please help! Rep for all who help :thumbsup:

1. Ask
  2. TV
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. TV
1 Comment

Hi,

Found myself in the same position recently, with an old portable crt on the way out.

We are quite fortunate in having a large bedroom, so weren't restricted to replacing like-for-like.

New technology is still very expensive (certainly in comparisson to CRT), so we ruled out plasma/lcd at an early stage. We were amazed though at how cheap you can pick-up CRTs for.

We eventualy bought a reconditioned 28 inch Philips 9527 from a company called Forbes Direct, with a 28 day guarantee (albeit rtb), for a little over £20. When you consider that this tv was selling for £1800 on its launch in 2003, the cost is peanuts.

Collected last week, and are extremely impressed. The picture is fantastic. Hopefuly it will keep us going for a while, as we wait for flat screens to come down in price (this is already happening, we have just bought a 42 inch for the lounge).

You have to collect in person from their base in Redhill. Look for forbes_direct as a seller on ebay. I understand that the company rents these sets out from new, then reconditions them and sells them when the rental period ends.

I appreciate this might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I hope that it helps someone out there.

(edit - here is a review of the tv, showing the original rrp: homecinemachoice.com/cgi…684)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769592
    2. Unlock access to thousands of hidden movies and genres on Netflix using cod…33
    3. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?13
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!811

See more discussions