Groups

wanted - christmas ideas for presents for a 9 year old (nearly 10)

hiya

my daughter has only asked for one thing (an art thing that i can't find) and am really stuck for what to get her. Any ideas?

i am lucky enough to have got all 4 go go hamsters (even though she has not ever mentioned them. 2 for her, 2 for wee brother) and i wil upgrader her DS to to DSi.

apart from that am snookered, shes not really into clothes or anything! lol

any suggestions appreciated (she is not a fan of HSM or anything like that)

thanks

59 Comments

my daughter is wanting the moxie girls art attitude car & clothes which allows your child to draw & colour in the car & design the clothes for the dolls??

Hey hun, glad you posted this, was thinking about you today when I seen this.

Total long shot but ya never know.

]http//ww…883

Hi hun,
    I've just tried to reply to your message but your inbox is full!

As for ideas for your daughter, is she in to craft stuff? amazon have the Klutz fashion designer stuff which is fabulous for her age group. Hang on I will find you some links
    here you go
    amazon.co.uk/s/r…=30

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;7017812

Hey hun, glad you posted this, was thinking about you today when I seen … Hey hun, glad you posted this, was thinking about you today when I seen this.Total long shot but ya never know.]http://www.thetoyshop.com/SuperSavings/ArtsCrafts/Crayola-Creations-Illumination-Station/EPN355883

thanks ashley, am really starting to panic now (got most of christmas sorted, wrapped etc).

She is so hard to get for (and to be honest has most of what she wants), she has suggested a new bed!!! lol

thats why am on here at 11pm!! (plus its pay day............ lol)

Forgot that it wont let me post ebay links.

This number at ebay.

Banned

guys can you stop bumpin this thread till it is moved to misc, i have reported it to be moved

Original Poster

caz1cool;7017826

Hi hun,I've just tried to reply to your message but your inbox is full!As … Hi hun,I've just tried to reply to your message but your inbox is full!As for ideas for your daughter, is she in to craft stuff? amazon have the Klutz fashion designer stuff which is fabulous for her age group. Hang on I will find you some links

hiya

thanks will delete some, after i sent your PM i decided to chase up the stuff i have still to receive!! (again) lol

and the game is for wee boy! lol

i will have a look at that as she wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up!

My daughter and her friends 10 years really want thetoyshop.com/toy…_GB

£9.95 @ John Lewis

Also found it as Easy Draw on ebay and easi draw.

sing star?
    or dance revoloution

Original Poster

just order some of the klutx stuff - thats a start!! lol

Original Poster

Nitro111;7017874

My daughter and her friends 10 years really want … My daughter and her friends 10 years really want http://www.thetoyshop.com/toyshop/browse/searchbrowse.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441769940&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302024170&bmUID=1259276731834&bmLocale=en_GB£9.95 @ John Lewis

hiya

sorry, link did not take me to item - i will have a look at john lewis if you can tell me item.

thanks

Original Poster

tonico;7017963

sing star?or dance revoloution

she is quite shy so wont do anything like that......... but thanks.

Original Poster

hankat;7017811

my daughter is wanting the moxie girls art attitude car & clothes which … my daughter is wanting the moxie girls art attitude car & clothes which allows your child to draw & colour in the car & design the clothes for the dolls??

thanks. will take a look

My niece is 14 and last year I bought her Guitar Hero which she loved and I always buy her a game or puzzle, so bought her Uno Blitzo. This year have got her a docking station for her Ipod and Rubiks 360. Oh and a hamster, never too old for a hamster. Lol

Edit: What about some games for her new DSI?

I wanted to get my girls guinea pigs, but OH said no as he was scared they would die and the girls wouldn't handle it, was easy when the fish died we told them they did a nemo and went down the pipes back to their dad, but a guinea pig, well where could I say that went?

To be fair he's probably right as they are only 4 and nearly 6.

break the bank and buy her a zoostorm fizzbook, woolworths one of the cheapest. computing and more for the young

Original Poster

KazzyD;7018047

My niece is 14 and last year I bought her Guitar Hero which she loved and … My niece is 14 and last year I bought her Guitar Hero which she loved and I always buy her a game or puzzle, so bought her Uno Blitzo. This year have got her a docking station for her Ipod and Rubiks 360. Oh and a hamster, never too old for a hamster. Lol

I did think of that as a gift for both kids from me and hubby but bought them the trampoline that was on offer at Toys r us....... i think she would like it but she is a funny wee thing and wont do anything that draws attention to her. prefers to watch TV, play DS/computer etc. She just learned to go her bike so got an early present of a new bike from her gran......... dont even know what to tell friends to get her! lol

:santa:

rhubex;7018090

I did think of that as a gift for both kids from me and hubby but bought … I did think of that as a gift for both kids from me and hubby but bought them the trampoline that was on offer at Toys r us....... i think she would like it but she is a funny wee thing and wont do anything that draws attention to her. prefers to watch TV, play DS/computer etc. She just learned to go her bike so got an early present of a new bike from her gran......... dont even know what to tell friends to get her! lol

tell friends to give her money or vouchers and then take her to spend them in the new year. my son is just 11 and hes very hard to buy for too and i just told friends/family to give him money :santa:

Original Poster

porgal;7018073

break the bank and buy her a zoostorm fizzbook, woolworths one of the … break the bank and buy her a zoostorm fizzbook, woolworths one of the cheapest. computing and more for the young

hiya

she has a laptop (that she hardly uses as she prefers the desktop!)

she sounds really spoiled but shes not, its just that as she hardly wants anything - when she does then its ok, she got her laptop last christmas.

i really appreciate your help folks! and i have bought some stuff that has been suggested.

Original Poster

gemmar26;7018138

:santa:tell friends to give her money or vouchers and then take her to … :santa:tell friends to give her money or vouchers and then take her to spend them in the new year. my son is just 11 and hes very hard to buy for too and i just told friends/family to give him money :santa:

i have suggested an event - panto or something (but regretting it now as i want to take them........ lol) but have asked for money from grandparents - going to get a portable DVD player between kids!

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;7018069

I wanted to get my girls guinea pigs, but OH said no as he was scared … I wanted to get my girls guinea pigs, but OH said no as he was scared they would die and the girls wouldn't handle it, was easy when the fish died we told them they did a nemo and went down the pipes back to their dad, but a guinea pig, well where could I say that went?To be fair he's probably right as they are only 4 and nearly 6.

she would love a dog (we have a cat and 2 fish!) but its not going to happen as we are out working and cat very old and would struggle with a dog! (me and cat) lol

Original Poster

rhubex;7018163

she would love a dog (we have a cat and 2 fish!) but its not going to … she would love a dog (we have a cat and 2 fish!) but its not going to happen as we are out working and cat very old and would struggle with a dog! (me and cat) lol

excellent explanation re fish, and your right about them dying. My hubby says cat wont last the winter! very sad.

rhubex;7018163

she would love a dog (we have a cat and 2 fish!) but its not going to … she would love a dog (we have a cat and 2 fish!) but its not going to happen as we are out working and cat very old and would struggle with a dog! (me and cat) lol

Oh totally agree, sure my girls would love a dog too but with 3 kids nearly 6 and under I dont think a dog is something we need right now, maybe when they get older but even then you know it restricts you from what you can do.

Take it my ebay suggestions weren't right? Was really hoping as it said it was seen on tv.

rhubex;7018173

excellent explanation re fish, and your right about them dying. My hubby … excellent explanation re fish, and your right about them dying. My hubby says cat wont last the winter! very sad.

Will keep my fingers crossed that the cat makes it through the winter, not the best time for the kids to lose something that you've obviously had for a long time.:thumbsup: xx

Original Poster

KazzyD;7018047

My niece is 14 and last year I bought her Guitar Hero which she loved and … My niece is 14 and last year I bought her Guitar Hero which she loved and I always buy her a game or puzzle, so bought her Uno Blitzo. This year have got her a docking station for her Ipod and Rubiks 360. Oh and a hamster, never too old for a hamster. LolEdit: What about some games for her new DSI?

was planning to get "chip"...........:oops:

Your little girls sounds like me when I was little.
    What about some little bits of jewellery? they do nice necklaces and little rings for her age group, usually silver or 9ct gold and around £10ish. If you got jewellery you could maybe get a little jewellery box to go with it?

Or how about some nice bits and bobs to do her bedroom up for her? she obviously likes her room to be nice as she's asked you for a new bed

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;7018174

Oh totally agree, sure my girls would love a dog too but with 3 kids … Oh totally agree, sure my girls would love a dog too but with 3 kids nearly 6 and under I dont think a dog is something we need right now, maybe when they get older but even then you know it restricts you from what you can do.Take it my ebay suggestions weren't right? Was really hoping as it said it was seen on tv.

no, sorry, but thanks very much - apparently she saw it again on tv but did not make a note of it! 3 kids under 6 - oh my, mine are well spaced 17, 9 and 3! only way i could do it and still trying to get wee boy in own room............ lol

Original Poster

rhubex;7018199

no, sorry, but thanks very much - apparently she saw it again on tv but … no, sorry, but thanks very much - apparently she saw it again on tv but did not make a note of it! 3 kids under 6 - oh my, mine are well spaced 17, 9 and 3! only way i could do it and still trying to get wee boy in own room............ lol

where in glasgow are you........ me and hubby both from glasgow.......... well hubby from Paisley.

What about a pamper day for her and mum?

Haircut, facial(will they do them on a 9 year old) etc?

rhubex;7018209

where in glasgow are you........ me and hubby both from glasgow.......... … where in glasgow are you........ me and hubby both from glasgow.......... well hubby from Paisley.

Balornock hun, up beside bishy.

What channel does she watch? My kids always have it on the blooming cartoony channels.

Original Poster

caz1cool;7018197

Your little girls sounds like me when I was little.What about some little … Your little girls sounds like me when I was little.What about some little bits of jewellery? they do nice neckalces and little rings for her age group, usually silver or 9ct gold and around £10ish.

hiya

she has them............ got her a kenda(?) necklace that she likes, she just got her ears pierced in summer, but has just bough herself some new earings.

she got a portrait done when we were at disneyland paris 2 christmas ago and am going to get that framed.

she is quite tactile.......... if that helps:)

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;7018214

What about a pamper day for her and mum?Haircut, facial(will they do them … What about a pamper day for her and mum?Haircut, facial(will they do them on a 9 year old) etc?

going to do that................. have made her a voucher............ a girls day! lol

Does she already have an Ipod?

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;7018226

What channel does she watch? My kids always have it on the blooming … What channel does she watch? My kids always have it on the blooming cartoony channels.

she watches hannah montana, (but is not into any of her stuff, clothes etc) and wizards of waverley place etc

is that nr Rutherglen? poor hubby getting loads of jokes about rangers!

rhubex;7018248

going to do that................. have made her a voucher............ a … going to do that................. have made her a voucher............ a girls day! lol

Plus dinner and maybe a movie.:thumbsup:

Maybe a smaller pet? hamster, mouse, guinea pig, rabbit?

Is she into soft toys? maybe get her a special me 2 you bear or something like that?

rhubex;7018263

she watches hannah montana, (but is not into any of her stuff, clothes … she watches hannah montana, (but is not into any of her stuff, clothes etc) and wizards of waverley place etcis that nr Rutherglen? poor hubby getting loads of jokes about rangers!

No hun its near kirkintulloch too, ummm robroyston etc, have ya heard of wallacewell road, we live not too far from there, I'm keeping my head down. :thumbsup: lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?23
      2. Tradesmen battery power tools.22
      3. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?23
      4. Flights only Dominican Republic33

See more discussions