EXPIRED

Wanted: Decent Laptop New with approx total spend £250

Im after a new laptop for my bro's girlfriend.

She's a student, doesn't play games, would want to play DVDs, internet browsing and essay writing.

Windows is pretty much a must, no additional software required.

anyone seen anything good recently?

7 Comments

I think you may be lucky to get a NEW laptop (at even minimum spec) for as low as £250.

Try PC World, Comet, Currys for their refurbished stuff.

This is often new but end of line stuff or maybe returned by a customer.

Here for example are the clearance laptops from Currys (note that some of them are netbooks so make sure you look for just the laptops)

currys.co.uk/mar…rue

Here is a HP from the list at £259 which looks OK (not great but OK)

currys.co.uk/mar…id=
Ignore anything that says "netbook" or Atom processor. Personally I would not buy an Advent or an EI systems either.

Original Poster

thats for the advice, the budget can stretch to £300 or just over does that change much?

If she's doing a lot of essay writing then she'll need a good keyboard which is impossible to judge from online. Could you take her into a shop or is this supposed to be a secret present?

Jetpac;4983688

thats for the advice, the budget can stretch to £300 or just over does … thats for the advice, the budget can stretch to £300 or just over does that change much?

£300 is about the low end for a decent laptop.

Hunt round here on HotUkDeals as there are quite a few laptop deals posted, also people add comments suggesting other laptops around £300.

Select a topic of "Computers" from the Topics bar above and scan throught the last couple of weeks computer deals and you will probably find a laptop for £300.

Went into Staples today and saw 3 laptops under £300

1) ASUS X58L, Celeron M575 CPU, 1Gb of memory, 160Gb hard drive, Vista Home Basic for
£289,.87

2) ASUS X58L, Celeron M575 CPU, 2Gb of memory, 160Gb hard drive, Vista Home Basic for
£299,.84. As above but with 2Gb of memory.

3) Fujitsu Amilo Li 272, Celeron Dual Core T1500, 1Gb of memory, 160Gb hard drive, Vista Home Basic for £299.92

Laptop 1 above can be bought in conjunction with a Lexmark Wireless Printer X4650 for £299 (which is not a bad deal as the laptop is £289 on its own).

I think Laptop 2 above is the best as it has 2Gb of memory.

Original Poster

thanks guilbert
i would rep you agai, but it wont let me yet!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How easy is it to get a refund from Halfords?510
    2. Whats a Good VPN to use please?1821
    3. Does anybody have a ( Uni days code) I can use for ( TomTom) please11
    4. Query on retail selling on beer22

See more discussions