Expired

Wanted dvd rw internal writer for the pc

8 replies
Found 1st Aug 2009
Hi my lg 4163b dvd rw refuses to open up by various means (button and programmes) so looks like i'm in the market for a new one, what would be my best option now, i'm looking to spend up to £30,

8 Comments

If you really need to open it, for example. to retrieve a disk, then get a strong paperclip, unwind it and poke it into the little hole on the front of the drive.

Original Poster

KrispiiDuck;5906641

If you really need to open it, for example. to retrieve a disk, then get … If you really need to open it, for example. to retrieve a disk, then get a strong paperclip, unwind it and poke it into the little hole on the front of the drive.

cool, haven't tried that, luckily there isn't a disk inside, I;ve only just taken it out of the pc this morning to try an old one whihc didn't work either :-(

thks for the tip.

rosecaitlin;5906679

cool, haven't tried that, luckily there isn't a disk inside, I;ve only … cool, haven't tried that, luckily there isn't a disk inside, I;ve only just taken it out of the pc this morning to try an old one whihc didn't work either :-(thks for the tip.

Scuse me for stating the obvious, but you have checked everything at the business end, if both aren't working?

Original Poster

the old one died about 4 yrs ago so i bought the lg and that was fine until last week,

i have taken it out hoovered cleaned (wiped) etc and then tried again but with no luck

what else should/could I try? always up for fixing rather than replacing. :-)

This one here is an excellent drive - hotukdeals.com/ite…-in

I posted this a month back and its now went up from £13.99 to £17.99.

If its SATA you need, this is a good price - play.com/PC/…nre

Original Poster

looks good thks

rosecaitlin;5907080

the old one died about 4 yrs ago so i bought the lg and that was fine … the old one died about 4 yrs ago so i bought the lg and that was fine until last week, i have taken it out hoovered cleaned (wiped) etc and then tried again but with no luck what else should/could I try? always up for fixing rather than replacing. :-)

Did you check all the connections on the motherboard end, just to see if anything had become loose. I know it sounds odd, but it does happen!

Anyway, if all else fails, you should get a replacement well under your £30 budget, so that's kind of a bright side!
;-)

Good Luck

Original Poster

cheers, will have a scout around this weekend and get the sony one on monday .

amazon.co.uk/Son…O00

16.99 on amazon :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Amazon deliveries23
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322855
    3. word association Game74244904
    4. Add one, leave one game54415428

See more discussions