Groups

WANTED: Fold up bed..recommendation please!

I am looking for a fold up bed. Has to be comfortable as its going to be used as a permanent bed by a very kind lady who, quite frankly, deserves better. Can anyone recommend one?

15 Comments

what about a bed sofa, some of them are really comfy

Original Poster

It has to be a fold up bed so she can put it away. She lives in a tiny cottage.:)

I bought one from Ikea that is really comfy. Cost £24.99. I'll try and find you a pic

Or if you want to spend a bit more for a more luxurious sleep then maybe this one?

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Toybhoy;1706965

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/46075780Here it is.

Says....

Recommended for occasional use only.

But... could be just what we are looking for, so thanks!

kelly_o_fanatic;1706981

Says....Recommended for occasional use only.But... could be just what we … Says....Recommended for occasional use only.But... could be just what we are looking for, so thanks!

Ahh I see! That explains my bad back :-D

Toybhoy;1707003

Ahh I see! That explains my bad back :-D

Did you order it from the site or pick it up in store? Just wondering how much the postage would be

kelly_o_fanatic;1707014

Did you order it from the site or pick it up in store? Just wondering how … Did you order it from the site or pick it up in store? Just wondering how much the postage would be

I just picked it up myself. Not sure how much the delivery would be. Sorry!

A lot of fold up beds arent made for permanent use, the foam etc in them needs time to recover, and these may not be good for an older lady. it might be worth checking with the likes of help the aged who must have come across a similar predicament and should be able to advise you, also try the disabled shops in your area, their items are normally designed a lot better and more comfortable

Toybhoy;1706965

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/46075780Here it is.

I have this one as a guest bed, its possibly the most comfortable bed ever. Not sure how it is for long periods of time however...

Original Poster

pcfairs;1707379

A lot of fold up beds arent made for permanent use, the foam etc in them … A lot of fold up beds arent made for permanent use, the foam etc in them needs time to recover, and these may not be good for an older lady. it might be worth checking with the likes of help the aged who must have come across a similar predicament and should be able to advise you, also try the disabled shops in your area, their items are normally designed a lot better and more comfortable

Thanks. Although she's not an elderly lady (her circumstances leave her with the choice of sofa or fold up bed)I will check and see if there is something else that can be recommended. And there is always the matter of cost!

Banned

scabbers;1707566

Thanks. Although she's not an elderly lady (her circumstances leave her … Thanks. Although she's not an elderly lady (her circumstances leave her with the choice of sofa or fold up bed)I will check and see if there is something else that can be recommended. And there is always the matter of cost!

hi scabber, is it because she is living in one room, sorry if that sounds nosey, could she just not have a single bed and throw big cushions in the day to se as a sofa, put up beds are not really a good idea for long tern use as already said, the only beds that i would say for long term use are those big blow up beds, not the low ones but the big high ones, up and down within 10 minutes

Original Poster

Hadn't thought of a blow up bed. Will have a look at those because I think you're right about the comfort aspect! It does need to be 'put-awayable'!

Banned

i used a friends one for a week, and it was as comfy as a normal doublebed, they are big, the double ones are near enough the same size as a double divan bed, but we put it up at night and down in the morning, 5 mins each time, they come with a electric blow up pump and the pump also deflates it too, never seen them in a single size though so dont know if they do them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      2. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions