Groups
    EXPIRED

wanted - free virus protection software

Banned
    wanted - free virus/spyware/adware software, whats the best??

4 Comments

jase159

wanted - free virus/spyware/adware software, whats the best??

Free Virus - Avast (avast.com/) i have used it for the last 2 years and have had no bad experiences with it. It regularly updates itself and it does not drain all your resources

Free Spyware And Adware - download and install all these programs Ad-Aware (lavasoftusa.com/) Spybot Search And Destroy (safer-networking.org/en/…tml) Windows Defender (microsoft.com/ath…spx) once again i use these regularly with no bad experiences

Also download a cracking (i don't mean illegal LOL) program called CCleaner (ccleaner.com/) and watch your computer free up disk space and perform faster

I can personally vouch for all these programs as they are run each and every day

Kaspersky have a free beta version. Not only is it completely stable, Kaspersky is widely regarded as one of the best AV companies out there. This version includes AV, firewall, anti-spam and (limited) anti-spyware.
    [URL="ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/beta/kavwinworkstation/english/"]ftp://ftp.kaspersky.com/beta/kavwinworkstation/english/[/URL]

If you don't want a beta version AOL's Active Virus Shield is free and simply a rebranded version of Kaspersky AV.
    ]http//ww…om/

As for spyware, I'll vouch for a combination of Windows Defender, Spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Blaster. Plus if you're really bothered, install Firefox and get the NoScript and CookieSafe extensions and allow only sites you trust to set cookies and use Javascript.

I use AVG and find it very good. You can download a months trial of their anti virus spyware for free.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Photobook for up to 400 photos?23
      2. When Broadband Contracts End, Does The Price Increase Significantly, If You…11
      3. Curry haggle price?89
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?11
      5. Cheap northface alternatives?11

See more discussions