Expired

Wanted - Good value, cheapish laptop for parents for just WEB browsing.

3 replies
Found 20th Aug 2009
Any good laptops that I can get. My parents will just be browsing the web. Will also need to be able to connect to Wifi easily as I assume most laptops do nowadays?

Looking at around the £150 - £300 mark.

Thanks.

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
3 Comments

Until recently laptops were about £300, but they are now begining to creep under that by £20 or £30 and it is possible to get basic models for £270 or £280 or thereabouts.

Here is one that was posted yesterday.

hotukdeals.com/ite…b-/

Basic model but good enough for web browsing. I think all laptops are now wi fi enabled.

At that sort of price they are all going to be basic models. It is sometimes worth paying £30 more to get a better model, but that one will do.

Original Poster

Many thanks guilbert53 I have had a look there.As you say a little more money may be good so I am currently looking at this ebuyer.com/pro…328. I am still looking around though.

Check put either Staples, Commet or Currys. All have several under the £300 and are more that suitable for web browsing. I set one up for my friend that i got in Staples a few weeks ago. Good luck with youre hunt.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition53491
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions