wanted hdmi monitor

Help Help
I'm looking to but a hdmi monitor for the hubby for Christmas. I'm useless at understanding all the tec stuff but I know he wants a better one than what he's got.
He watches catch up programs and also uses it for searching the Web. I saw him looking at a 27" monitor but didn't quite get what make and model.
Any help would be brill

11 Comments

What price range? I have a great little monitor that I use for my ps4. It doesn't have speakers with it so bear that in mind. Read the reviews for it too.

amazon.co.uk/Sam…AKK

or something like shop.samsung.com/uk/…or/?cid=uk_ppc_google_pla-imecom-Samsung27FullHDGamingMonitor-ecom-buy_20161208&ef_id=VlzgTgAABUoMcQZg:20161214211154:s or shop.samsung.com/uk/…hd/?cid=uk_ppc_google_pla-imecom-27CurvedMonitor18mCurveRadiusFullHD-ecom-buy_20161208&ef_id=VlzgTgAABUoMcQZg:20161214211432:s if you like the idea of a curved screen.

Budget is the thing here. Just a monitor, monitor TV, smart TV?

Unless you know the exact details of what he wants don't risk buying a monitor for him.

You may buy a monitor and find it is no better than the one he has got.

Note also that many 27" monitors run a resolution of 1920x1080 which is the same as most 24" monitors (all they do is stretch the image to make it fit a 27" monitor) so you don't gain a lot.

Other 27" monitors have a higher resolution of 2560x1440 but he may not have the hardware to run at that resolution (and they are more expensive of course).

There are also 4K 27" monitors but unless he has a very powerful PC it is unlikely that he would be able to take advantage of it.

So as you can see, it is not just a simple case of buying a 27" monitor.

i think guilbert53 gives out good advice
i run a 24" HDMI Hanspree TV - my Samsung 24" monitor inexplicably died - its a great stopgap
I dont play much games - but if your hubby does avoid a TV as latency (timing) is needed for responsive gaming...

guilbert53

There are also 4K 27" monitors but unless he has a very powerful PC it is … There are also 4K 27" monitors but unless he has a very powerful PC it is unlikely that he would be able to take advantage of it.

Do bare in mind, if he's not gaming, he doesn't need a great deal of power to take advantage of 4K. Onboard would be enough for everything else, assuming it can support [email protected]

Original Poster

guilbert53

Unless you know the exact details of what he wants don't risk buying a … Unless you know the exact details of what he wants don't risk buying a monitor for him.You may buy a monitor and find it is no better than the one he has got.Note also that many 27" monitors run a resolution of 1920x1080 which is the same as most 24" monitors (all they do is stretch the image to make it fit a 27" monitor) so you don't gain a lot.Other 27" monitors have a higher resolution of 2560x1440 but he may not have the hardware to run at that resolution (and they are more expensive of course).There are also 4K 27" monitors but unless he has a very powerful PC it is unlikely that he would be able to take advantage of it. So as you can see, it is not just a simple case of buying a 27" monitor.

​fantastic advice - thanks alot. I've got some mithering to do lol

Original Poster

He doesn't game on it. He just basically uses it to watch his downloaded tv series ams he reads the news and just basically browses

Original Poster

£150 - £200 budget I was thinking

Original Poster

cifa

i think guilbert53 gives out good advicei run a 24" HDMI Hanspree TV - … i think guilbert53 gives out good advicei run a 24" HDMI Hanspree TV - my Samsung 24" monitor inexplicably died - its a great stopgapI dont play much games - but if your hubby does avoid a TV as latency (timing) is needed for responsive gaming...

He just watches his downloaded series, reads the news, and just does abit of online shopping from time to time.

Original Poster

jayonline85

What price range? I have a great little monitor that I use for my ps4. It … What price range? I have a great little monitor that I use for my ps4. It doesn't have speakers with it so bear that in mind. Read the reviews for it too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S27E390HS-Inch-HDMI-Monitor/dp/B00UHAXAKK

Price range wise I was thinking around £150 - £200
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?913
    2. Bed pillow recommendations79
    3. Referbed MACBOOK- thoughts?!11
    4. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1018

See more discussions