Wanted: Help with XBOX live connection.

9 replies
Found 25th Apr 2008
We recently bought a Belkin wireless USB Network Adapter off HUKD so that XBOX 360 could connect to xbox live via pc. Problem is we can't seem to get a conncetion. We've installed the software, bridged the connections. Messed about with IP addresses etc, now reset them back to auto. Even connected the two via Ethernet cable but nothing seems to work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

9 Comments

Banned

xbox live is messed up

Original Poster

vVvGaming;1968385

xbox live is messed up

tell me about it ! I've spent since 4pm on this, I'm tearing my hair out !

Banned

lol it wont let me play some games on it live sucks after its update

Original Poster

vVvGaming;1968425

lol it wont let me play some games on it live sucks after its update

wouldn't know, not even got on !! :x

Banned

strange it should work straight out the bat,try setting it all up and reseting the cable and router as they both need restarted.make sure you have the cable in the right ethernet port i know this sounds strange but believe me it's easily done.

Original Poster

tronv1;1968473

strange it should work straight out the bat,try setting it all up and … strange it should work straight out the bat,try setting it all up and reseting the cable and router as they both need restarted.make sure you have the cable in the right ethernet port i know this sounds strange but believe me it's easily done.

tried

still not working.

under network settings, edit settings, test settings, network adapter - disconnected.

Any other suggestions ?

Run the ethernet from your Xbox to your PCs ethernet, make sure your PC's internet connection is working via your usb wireless adapter. Go to start> control panel network connections Right click on your belkin wireless adpater, click the advanced tab, check the box allow other computers to connect through this connection, see if it works. Thats how I done it.

Original Poster

i don't want to keep the xbox connected to pc through ethernet though. presume I just disconnect afterwards & it should work on the wireless usb adapter plugged into backl of xbox?

also, no memory card in xbox at the moment. does this matter?

You can't use a normal wireless adapter on an xbox, you have to buy Microsofts rather pricey one.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4074
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions