Groups
    EXPIRED

Wanted: High End Laptop

I am looking to spend up to £500/£600 on a laptop.

I would ideally want something with a decent graphics card (not onboard) with 4gb RAM, at least 250gb HDD, good processor, 15 inch screen, etc.

Not sure what brand but I thought a Sony Vaio or a Toshiba Satellite would be good. Unless I'm mistaken?

I reckon I can get something like that for the budget I have set but can't figure out where to start and what's good value!

Any ideas from anyone?

10 Comments

I would stay away from a Sony Vaio you are really paying for the name. I have one it's ok when new but it scratches very easy. And the support is rubbish if you need a repair on it they tend to turn round and say you dropped it. I have 14 dead pixels on my screen after about 3 month of paying £899 for the laptop,they wont fix it told me it's my fault

hotukdeals.com/ite…-at

dunno if that will help the ACER I got in that thread is pretty good for the price

Original Poster

I appreciate the advice about the Vaio.

What is the graphics card like on the Acer?

As for this not being top-end, thanks for threadspoiling with nothing useful to say. I talked about my budget and explained my specs. That is my ball park and 600 is hardly entry level price.

AV1985;6715089

I appreciate the advice about the Vaio.What is the graphics card like on … I appreciate the advice about the Vaio.What is the graphics card like on the Acer?As for this not being top-end, thanks for threadspoiling with nothing useful to say. I talked about my budget and explained my specs. That is my ball park and 600 is hardly entry level price.

Price is 499 check out the spec online.
    Has core 2 duo centrino
    dedicated graphpics 512 DDR3 expandable to 2GB
    also has 4GB DDR3 ram and can be upgraded to 8GB
    HDMI out
    only negative is 3,5 hours battery I could see for its price

Original Poster

sil0;6715166

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/513651/dell-studio-17-laptop-with-i7-720qm

Good spec but too expensive.

Original Poster

bfjem;6715193

Price is 499 check out the spec online.Has core 2 duo centrinodedicated … Price is 499 check out the spec online.Has core 2 duo centrinodedicated graphpics 512 DDR3 expandable to 2GBalso has 4GB DDR3 ram and can be upgraded to 8GBHDMI outonly negative is 3,5 hours battery I could see for its price

Sounds and looks really good. High spec as wanted. Would you recommend this?

AV1985;6715351

Sounds and looks really good. High spec as wanted. Would you recommend … Sounds and looks really good. High spec as wanted. Would you recommend this?

I am absolutely loving it, only negative is that I have to get used to windows 7 been using XP for so long, also ACER's have a bad rep...its actually 10quid cheaper on ebuyer at the moment but I got it from comet cos I had vouchers and I got office 2007 for £50 extra

I would defo ask for a few opinions though, as I have never had problems with ACER but I know a few people moan about them on here

Original Poster

Keeping this open in case any other suggestions are made.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944532
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1947
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767359
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller22

See more discussions