Groups
    EXPIRED

Wanted: Laptop with 512mb Gfx card

Hi, i'm after a laptop that has a 512mb gfx card and is reaonably priced. my last 5 laptops have all been dell, and to be honest i fancy a change.

I have a maximum of £700 to spend, but am struggling to find a gaming laptop at this price, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? ideally it'll have a 15.4" screen or smaller...dont fancy another 17" one to have to lug around! I'm thinking i'll have to lower my expectations to a laptop with a 256mb card.

I dont recall any deals on here recently, but am happy to be proved wrong! so if anyone knows of any, please let me know! i most of the sites i go on dont have the option to sort by gfx card so i end up having to trawl through pages and pages of laptops checking the specs individually.....

thanks in adavnce
    neil

1 Comment

check out the precision m4400 with the quadro fx770

that or the new 16" XPS with the ATI 3670

if you would over look the 17" barrier a precision m6300 can be had with a fx1600m (8700GT) which is a spot on card for the money. (would have to be bough off ebay (I did) but they almost all come with 3 years standard dell warantee)

^^ I have the above laptop and it does suffer from size/weight issues, however I can stretch the battery out for 5 &1/2 hours which is a rarety in many laptops even those designed for portability with a discrete graphics sollution.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. parquet floor sanded33
      2. I am hoping to sound you good people out about an idea...44
      3. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1725
      4. Selling advice55

See more discussions