Groups
    EXPIRED

Wanted: Mono Laser Printer - Cheap To Run

I'm after a Black laserjet printer, some seem cheap but replacement toners cost more than the printer itself.

I print occasionally, probably 300-400 pages a year so only need a black laser printer.

Anyone got any suggestions of a cheap laser printer with cheap costs to keep it running?

Budget £50-£70.

Thanks in advance.

8 Comments

Look for a fully refurbished HP Laserjet 4000/4050/4100 or 2000/2100/2200 (N/TN/DTN/etc...) on eBay.

Generic toner cartridges are very, very, very... cheap for these (ie: £15 for a 9000page cartridge).

Just be sure check with the seller that the refurbishment included the fuser and all the rollers.

Dell 1130 Mono Laser Printer - Toner Included - £49.99 @ Ebuyer.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, computer doesnt support parallel cables.

Liking the dell printer, just a shame the toners cost more than the printer.

Had enough of a normal printer so any more suggestions would be much appreciated.

ninj4z

Thanks for the replies, computer doesnt support parallel cables.

The N/TN/DTN models are networked and plug directly into your broadband router or can be turned wireless with a £20-30 wireless bridge.

Original Poster

SUMMONER

The N/TN/DTN models are networked and plug directly into your broadband … The N/TN/DTN models are networked and plug directly into your broadband router or can be turned wireless with a £20-30 wireless bridge.

Thanks for the reply, the printer does seem a little too big for my liking as my current printer is approximatly
    35cm in length and 20cm in height

Looking for something of a similar size, slighty bigger wouldnt be a problem.

Thanks for the suggestion :-)

try this one. dont worry about toner costs as at your rate of use the supplid cartridge will last you about 2 years. my mum inlaw has one of these, does perfect6 scans as well... bonus can be used as a photo copier without it being plugged into a pc

argos.co.uk/web…SER

Original Poster

tyke-eng

try this one. dont worry about toner costs as at your rate of use the … try this one. dont worry about toner costs as at your rate of use the supplid cartridge will last you about 2 years. my mum inlaw has one of these, does perfect6 scans as well... bonus can be used as a photo copier without it being plugged into a pc[url=http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002451&langId=-1&searchTerms=PHILLIPS+LASER]http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002451&langId=-1&searchTerms=PHILLIPS+LASER[/url]

Does look like something I would have went for but already went for the Dell one on eBuyer for £50 delivered, just prints, I guess I'll have to photocopy at local shops or buy inks for my old printer to keep it alive.

I bought a bottle of toner powder for £6.99 about 2 years ago, still going strong! I'm sure it's dependant on the printer model, but it's an option.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iptv918
      2. Wireless Earphones for Running56
      3. Wifi extender1218
      4. Looking for Missguided unidays code plz11

See more discussions