Expired

Wanted - PCI-E Graphics Card New & For Around £30 Delivered Please

10 replies
Found 2nd May 2011
I would like it to be an ATI based card with at least 512MB DDR3, HDCP (I've noticed some are not), DVI & HDMI.
I'm not into gaming so this will be for films to stream to my 1080P TV.
I watched an MKV (8GB approx in size) of The Green Hornet last night and it wasn't smooth all the way through and when there was a lot of action the screen sometimes went green. I'm using an i3 processor so using the Intel graphics. My machine has 8GB of ram and I was using Powerdvd 11 to watch the film.

Any help would be much appreciated :-)

10 Comments

ebuyer.com/pro…432

I think that card has everything you wanted

Original Poster

reubengreening1

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/247432I think that card has everything you … http://www.ebuyer.com/product/247432I think that card has everything you wanted

Thank you but I forgot to mention I'd prefer GDDR3 to DDR3.
Sorry I know I'm a pain.
I've got a rough idea but not 100% sure so I thought I'd ask you experts :-)

its the same thing.. the G in GDDR stands for graphics..

Well if you only want HD playback then your i3 is able to do this using MPC-HC. If you want to do some post processing or will require 3D blu-ray playback in the future I would spend a few pound more and go with a HD 6450.

o and also, VLC media player is a very good video player, would give it a go might help the problem also

His pc is a nice spec apart from the on-board graphics, so a cheap card like the one i linked might solve the problem if VLC doesn't.

Original Poster

OK here's an update and thank you very much for all the replies.
I downloaded MPC-HC and I must say when checking the scenes in The Green Hornet which I knew went green I found they were as they should be but I then watched Sanctum (24GB m2ts) and although it was a great picture most of the time it wasn't always smooth so I think I will still invest in a card.

VLC media player is better than MPC-HC, give it a go

A little more than you are willing to pay but picked up a ATI 4830 for £48 delivered off ebay recently and thats proving quite a powerhouse bang for your buck wise. Although i did buy this for gaming so might be overkill for your HD stream requirements.
Edited by: "Nailez" 4th May 2011

PeteHerts

OK here's an update and thank you very much for all the replies.I … OK here's an update and thank you very much for all the replies.I downloaded MPC-HC and I must say when checking the scenes in The Green Hornet which I knew went green I found they were as they should be but I then watched Sanctum (24GB m2ts) and although it was a great picture most of the time it wasn't always smooth so I think I will still invest in a card.

It's probably a setup issue. Try changing the decoder used to a different one (guide HERE) also make sure your using the latest chipset drivers (8.15.10.2361)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604828
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48911000
    3. Did you know?3158
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769586

See more discussions