Wanted: small car with large boot!

Found 28th MarEdited by:"agnes"
I currently own Hyundai i10, one of the things I really like about it is if you fold the back seats down you get a completely level boot space which holds tons of stuff. My car is now coming up for 7 years old and I'm looking to replace it but in the new i10 the rear seats don't fold completely flat. I've looked at lots of other small cars but they all seem to have the same problem. Can anyone suggest a car that has a flat boot space when the rear seats are down...a CD player would be a bonus!
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
What’s a CD player
14 Comments
What’s a CD player
Is anyone else thinking what I’m thinking?.........
op, do you own a dog?
Citroen Berlingo, Skoda Yeti.
what is best cheapest small car you have found ?? tnxs
I believe in the Fiesta the boot floor adjusts so you can bring it up in line with the seat backs giving you a flat(ter) area
Original Poster
Thanks for all the suggestions. I like the yeti but it is quite a bit bigger than I want in an ideal world. I didn't realise the fiesta was available with adjustable boot floor so I'll look into that.
Yes, I do have a dog but I also seem to go to the tip quite often and it is so much easier to just push stuff in rather than up and over a step in the boot.
Original Poster
Just read that Parkers article, thank you. I haven't looked at the sandero so I'll investigate that.
Honda jazz, TARDIS inside.
Get the CVT auto if possible.
Plus it's made out of indestructium.
Edited by: "lumsdot" 28th Mar
Original Poster
Oh the Honda Jazz does look promising, I haven't looked at that at all. I pay a visit to a dealer over Easter...
Toptrumpet1 h, 22 m ago

Is anyone else thinking what I’m thinking?.........op, do you own a dog?

I was actually thinking if he/she wanted a shovel with the car, maybe some extra carpet, some rope and something to weigh it down in the river..
CatsWithThumbs1 h, 1 m ago

I believe in the Fiesta the boot floor adjusts so you can bring it up in …I believe in the Fiesta the boot floor adjusts so you can bring it up in line with the seat backs giving you a flat(ter) area

I think that's the case with their current car, but the new one doesn't seem to offer the option of a false floor at the same level of the seats.

Old one basic trim:
rica.org.uk/2120
Old one with level floor:
rica.org.uk/2664
New one:
rica.org.uk/5102

The fiesta is a bigger car though, and a B-max would likely be better as a stuff hauler in the same footprint as a fiesta.

For a direct replacement I'd probably look at the Renault Twingo (also sold as the Smart Forfour):
rica.org.uk/5350
rica.org.uk/5252

The Suzuki garage is worth a look too, they do several small cars like the Ignis but I don't know if they offer a false floor option on any of them.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 28th Mar
Have you checked out the Kia picanto?
It was very similar to the i10, but with a few minor tweaks not sure if they kept the rear folding seats or not.
lumsdot28th Mar

Honda jazz, TARDIS inside.Get the CVT auto if possible.Plus it's made out …Honda jazz, TARDIS inside.Get the CVT auto if possible.Plus it's made out of indestructium.

I second that it's tiny on the outside and massive on the inside! Plus seats fold flat although ours is a 52 plate im not aware of the newer ones have the same kind of space.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants