WANTED: Someone to Mod my Wii in the Nottingham area

10 replies
Found 30th Dec 2007
Title says it all really, I dont fancy posting my wii off so was wondering if theres anyone who can do an install for me in the nottingham area. The console was purchased in january last year so is almost certainly not D2C, and therefore not too difficult to mod. Its just im not overly confident with a soldering iron. Im quite happy to order a chip or buy one from the modder, but if theres someone in or around Nottingham that somebody on here knows of, please give me a shout!!!

Price would have to be negotiated id guess....

10 Comments

Moved to more appropriate forum, as this is a business service request.

Original Poster

not sure i understand this, plenty of people have put this sort of request up in the for sale/wanted section...im pretty sure i'd get more views and more appropriate responses there. Im not looking for a business per se, just an individual, so request for it to be moved back?

EDIT: Example -

hotukdeals.com/ite…ed/

just had mine done. i used a company called undercutter. i paid £75 for it to be picked up, modded and then returned. I have heard that if you want to do the running around that you can get it done for £30 but i could not find any one local to me.

If it is D2B then you should be looking at between £5 and £20 for the chip (depending on which yyou go for - clone. etc) and £20-30 for the service. Sepcial Del is around £7 each way if you send it.

D2C will be about £40 for the chip atm and about £40 for the service (lots o' wires).

Look for a computer fair near you - they usually offer a while you wait service - although the prices are a touch higher.

What is the difference between D2B and D2C got my WII in october this year and thinking of modding. Fitting is easy as I work for a PCB assembling company just not sure on MOD chip.

Sorry not trying to hijack thread.

about 26 wires and a lot of solder.........

Original Poster

thanks for the replies guys, ive found a modder online with good references thatll do the job for 35quid, but i just dont really feel like posting my wii off and would prefer to wait while its done...

Any danger of a move? Is it bad form to PM Rayman/Another mod to request this?

Hi,

Did you find anyone in nottingham that does mods? im currently looking for one to mod mine as i too dont want to risk posting my wii,

anyone got any links please or pm me with a good local mod shop

thanks in advance

baz2010;6986851

Hi,Did you find anyone in nottingham that does mods? im currently looking … Hi,Did you find anyone in nottingham that does mods? im currently looking for one to mod mine as i too dont want to risk posting my wii,anyone got any links please or pm me with a good local mod shop :)thanks in advance

wiihacks.com/rec…tml

Bumping a 2 year old thread?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769527
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114653
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2535
    4. word association Game74244927

See more discussions