Groups

Wanted - stylish baby proofing products!!!

Hello

I am trying and failing to find some baby proofing products in anything other than white plastic!

I particularly want some black plug socket covers as all of our sockets are black nickel and just wanted them to look a bit nicer! Thought it wouldn't be that hard.

If anyone knows of anywhere that sells plug socket covers, cupboard locks etc in black I'd be most grateful!

Many thanks

11 Comments

Banned

never seen them in black, as for cupboard doors you can get the internal ones so they wont be seen anyway, you could get a can of black plasticote spray for socket covers

Banned

I have never ever seen black safety products apart from stair gates, sorry.

I think the main priority with these products is safety as cheap as possible rather than style.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;8660251

I have never ever seen black safety products apart from stair gates, … I have never ever seen black safety products apart from stair gates, sorry.I think the main priority with these products is safety as cheap as possible rather than style.

Obviously safety is my main priority, but surely style can be a factor. I've worked hard and created a home I am proud of. These safety products will be visible for all to see for years to come so I don't see why I should just get the cheapest possible regardless of how they look.
    :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sassie;8660250

never seen them in black, as for cupboard doors you can get the internal … never seen them in black, as for cupboard doors you can get the internal ones so they wont be seen anyway, you could get a can of black plasticote spray for socket covers

Thanks Sassie, I did consider trying to paint them, but wasn't sure about it from a safety perspective
    :?

Banned

mummy22angels;8660946

Obviously safety is my main priority, but surely style can be a factor. … Obviously safety is my main priority, but surely style can be a factor. I've worked hard and created a home I am proud of. These safety products will be visible for all to see for years to come so I don't see why I should just get the cheapest possible regardless of how they look.:thumbsup:

Are you for real? I have a nice house with nice things too, although most has been packed away due to the fact stylish and kids don't mix, stuff gets broken, stuff happens.

The priority for safety goods is guess what safety, (on a budget for most parents) I am not too chuffed about having bits of white plastic around neither, but it's not about me, it's about the kids.

This kind of question is best suited to mumsnet tbh.

we were all for sytle and everything looking great, but before you know it there are bob the builder stickers all over your £400 nest of tables grrrrrr.

Love him more than the tables though, so you soon forget about everywhere looking perfect and in most instances take it just looking tidy as an accomplishment.

Good luck with your search, never seen anything like it. Might be careful putting a painted item in a plug socket though.

Banned

mummy22angels;8660956

Thanks Sassie, I did consider trying to paint them, but wasn't sure about … Thanks Sassie, I did consider trying to paint them, but wasn't sure about it from a safety perspective:?:)

i only meant the outside of the socket covers :w00t:

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;8660981

Are you for real? I have a nice house with nice things too, although most … Are you for real? I have a nice house with nice things too, although most has been packed away due to the fact stylish and kids don't mix, stuff gets broken, stuff happens.The priority for safety goods is guess what safety, (on a budget for most parents) I am not too chuffed about having bits of white plastic around neither, but it's not about me, it's about the kids.This kind of question is best suited to mumsnet tbh.

No need to make comments like "are you for real?"
    I'm just asking for some help to find something.
    Just because I have two children, doesn't mean my house needs to turn into a shrine to a whole load of plastic junk.
    I already said safety was my main priority :roll:

Take your pick, some really bling ones around for the everyday childproofing tasks :thumbsup:

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/51666930/Hacksaw_Frame_Blade.jpg

Might mothercare do them, if not, DRAGONS DEN :whistling:

Original Poster

sickly sweet;8662612

Might mothercare do them, if not, DRAGONS DEN :whistling:

do you know what, it has crossed my mind :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044540
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767378
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1218
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2467

See more discussions