Groups
    EXPIRED

wanted to buy online laptop under £200 best deal and saving

hi my hp510 laptop no longer holds its charge and the adapter needs woggling all the time- it will cost 100 to repair. i need a laptop-am a supply teacher.
    money is short and i am looking for a good deal-dont mind if refurb etc
    i have no idea what i need-waslooking at one of those netbook things on laptop direct but not sure if it would do the job?
    it needs to run microsoft word, excel, clip art bits, powerpoint..
    smartboard
    i need to be able to download easily off internet
    make worksheets etc
    i use the internet daily

i often downlaod teaching things-not sure what sze they are

i need something reliable and affordable.
    please help
    thank you

4 Comments

[FONT="Verdana"]Do you also need a CD/DVD drive and if so does it need to write to CDs or DVDs?

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

even the best dell deals have been around £230, plus you need the add the cost of a student / teacher ms office licence.

Original Poster

yes- i do need to occasionally use cd/dvd and dvd r.
    i currently use my own microsoft office disc as i dont often use the computer at school/

do netbooks have disc drives?

enimod;4426098

yes- i do need to occasionally use cd/dvd and dvd r. i currently use my … yes- i do need to occasionally use cd/dvd and dvd r. i currently use my own microsoft office disc as i dont often use the computer at school/do netbooks have disc drives?

[FONT="Verdana"]Unfortunately they don't but you can either use another computer system (with a CD/DVD) and share out the CDs/DVDs over a network connection - alternatively you can always purchase an external USB DVD writer for connecting to a netbook if you go down that route.

I suppose it all really depends on what your are planning to do with it exactly.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844442
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114449
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047070
      4. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)56

See more discussions