Groups

Wanted Touchscreen phone for 10 yr old

My mum in law is going to get my 10 yr old son a mobilefor xmas. He really wants a touchscreen phone, what do you guys reccommend?? I've been looking at the LG Cookie, budget is around £50 - £60 max

I want it on Orange network.

10 Comments

samsung tocco is currently on offer at carphone warehouse for 49.95-few different colours available-you need to buy a ten quid topup
    Edited by: "barky" 9th Nov 2010

I have used the tocco lite for abour a year, I must say I'm more that happy with it....

Original Poster

thanks for that barky, that looks a better phone

the tocco lite has 20% off at tmobile online today plus a £30 gift card for marks,plus £12.12 topcashback

its £70,less £14 for the 20% off offer,making it £56 plus $10 top up also,

Once you factor in the cashback your paying £54 for the phone with £10 top up credit and you have £30 gift card for m&s

Original Poster

grabbit

the tocco lite has 20% off at tmobile online today plus a £30 gift card … the tocco lite has 20% off at tmobile online today plus a £30 gift card for marks,plus £12.12 topcashbackits £70,less £14 for the 20% off offer,making it £56 plus $10 top up also,Once you factor in the cashback your paying £54 for the phone with £10 top up credit and you have £30 gift card for m&s

I want it on Orange network, but thanks for info.

if the kid already has an orange sim or something, why not pay a few quid more for the san francisco - that'd be a bit more future-proof than the others?

just a suggestion.

scrumpypaul

if the kid already has an orange sim or something, why not pay a few quid … if the kid already has an orange sim or something, why not pay a few quid more for the san francisco - that'd be a bit more future-proof than the others?just a suggestion.

I agree above,
    or something slightly cheaper - hotukdeals.com/dea…361

but you have to top up

I would stay clear of the LG Cookies. My daughter had one and it really wasn't one of her better buys. The Samsungs are far better touch phones than the LGs.

Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions guys, will defo not buy a cookie now!! It's looking like the samsung tocco. I need to get a phone on orange because we get a better reception where we live (we're quite rural)

You could still use a tmobile sim using the orange signal,

see here
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions