Expired

Wanted: Unlock for Samsung Tocco F-480

Found 22nd Jun 2010
My girlfriend has this phone on 3 but needs to use it on O2 now and I'm having some trouble with the sim lock on there.

Does anyone know how this can be done, preferably for free? We have tried a turbo sim without success and most of the google sites want a minimum of a tenner and involve sending the IEMI to some random person for them to generate an unlock code at the other end.

Thanks.

9 Comments

There isn't a free solution,if you don't want to send it off it's needs done in a shop or similar, or online but it costs £12.95

unlocksamsungonline.eu/unl…480

a quick search on google found this "If your Tocco is network locked to O2 or Vodafone and you wish to unlock it for use with a different provider, It can be unlocked by entering the following codes using the dialpad:

#7465625*638*00000000*00000000#

then:

#7465625*638*00000000#

Confirmation should be displayed onscreen after each code is entered. That's all there is to it! The above method may work with other Samsung handsets (i.e: G600, etc.) too." hope it helps.

Banned

Have this problem too!Have Tocco Lite on T-Mobile and want to go on o2!

CodyO;8894332

a quick search on google found this "If your Tocco is network locked to … a quick search on google found this "If your Tocco is network locked to O2 or Vodafone and you wish to unlock it for use with a different provider, It can be unlocked by entering the following codes using the dialpad:#7465625*638*00000000*00000000#then:#7465625*638*00000000#Confirmation should be displayed onscreen after each code is entered. That's all there is to it! The above method may work with other Samsung handsets (i.e: G600, etc.) too." hope it helps.

Warning use at own risk may result in phone freeze or IMEI all zeros(plus these codes will not work on a Tocco) shouldn't cost no more then a tenner at your locker unlocker or i could do it free of charge just pay for return postage can debrand it also if you like

spitroast

Original Poster

I already tried that code and unfortunately it didn't work, 3 really seem to have done a number on this handset so I'll need to look into a cheap clip or something I suppose.

No offence to anybody but I object to paying for something like this as it isn't exactly a difficult job to do and paying only encourages more people to get into it purely for profit.

If I were to buy a clip or something does anyone know a good site to download the software from? Legally/freeware obviously. I think that code is built upon an engineer code by the way and the zeros are the default value which the lesser networks (TMobilem, 3, etc) then subsequently change.

Spark;8894516

I already tried that code and unfortunately it didn't work, 3 really seem … I already tried that code and unfortunately it didn't work, 3 really seem to have done a number on this handset so I'll need to look into a cheap clip or something I suppose.No offence to anybody but I object to paying for something like this as it isn't exactly a difficult job to do and paying only encourages more people to get into it purely for profit.If I were to buy a clip or something does anyone know a good site to download the software from? Legally/freeware obviously. I think that code is built upon an engineer code by the way and the zeros are the default value which the lesser networks (TMobilem, 3, etc) then subsequently change.

You aren't going to be able to get a cheap clip to do it,

Do you realise why the shops charge to unlock it? It may only take them a matter of seconds to do but they have to buy the equipment to do it in the 1st place and it isn't exactly cheap,plus like everyone else they are trying to earn a living,

Your going to have to pay a shop or post it off if you want it done free but your still going to have to pay postage

grabbit;8894637

You aren't going to be able to get a cheap clip to do it,Do you realise … You aren't going to be able to get a cheap clip to do it,Do you realise why the shops charge to unlock it? It may only take them a matter of seconds to do but they have to buy the equipment to do it in the 1st place and it isn't exactly cheap,plus like everyone else they are trying to earn a living,Your going to have to pay a shop or post it off if you want it done free but your still going to have to pay postage

I couldn't of put it better myself and i was offering to do it for free not making a penny on it

spitroast

Original Poster

I think they do it because people are silly enough to pay for it to be honest and I have seen cables on Ebay for around £8 delivered which have a usb and rs232 port designed for this purpose and just need additional freeware to work, I'm just unsure of what the freeware is which is why I asked.

I know that the multi-use boxes which work with many different phones can cost £100+ but that seems like a small price to pay when you're making 20 quid a time from it and I don't really like the idea of sending her IEMI number to someone who may exploit it later on.

This is no offence to anybody here by the way but the whole mobile industry just annoys me, thankfully I didn't have to go through any of this for my iPhone. If I can't do it myself for under around a fiver then I may just advise her to sell/trade the phone on and get a different one.

Original Poster

spit roast;8894707

I couldn't of put it better myself and i was offering to do it for free … I couldn't of put it better myself and i was offering to do it for free not making a penny on itspitroast

That offer was much appreciated but I prefer not to send things away to people if it can be avoided.

Thanks anyway though, like I said, much appreciated and rep left.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…3973
    2. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***215

See more discussions