Groups
    EXPIRED

Wanted: Usb Dvb Tuner for laptop

Where can I get a decent usb tv tuner for max £25? It must have remote with epg, be able to record freeview and would like supplied ariel to give acceptable results. Any Ideas?

3 Comments

Aldi had a Tevion USB version available last week for either £14.99 or £19.99. Some stores may still have them. There was one left in Gillingham when I looked on Tuesday. It comes with a supplied 4 inch aerial and it's not brilliant, but then again most kits like this comes with similar aerials. I can get News 24, CBeebies and a few other channels with the standard aerial. The USB dongle has a standard aerial input which I haven't tried but I presume that I'll pick up more stations with the house aerial.

The first part is easy - there's a fair few USB Freeview sticks about - Ebuyer sell one for £15 (without remote) and there's a Freecom from Amazon for £22.

However, the second part really depends on the strength of signal - but mostly these tiny aerials are useless - get a £5 aerial from Wilkinsons or the like.

For a good signal on an internal aerial you're looking at spending a bit more on a dual tuner. The computer will take signals from both and transform them into one much more stable picture

The Hauppague WinTV-Nova-TD is supposed to be good but costs around £60

I was looking for one of these too and the Nova-TD is the only one i heard good reports of from an internal aerial
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can you machine wash wool suit trousers that state "dry clean only"?77
      2. Are smart parking limited legitimate11
      3. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz22
      4. I want some backless loafers for men66

See more discussions