Groups
    EXPIRED

WANTED: Wifi dongle

Looking for a wifi dongle so that my desktop pc can pick up my wifi network.

Anyone with one going spare? Can pay by paypal or BT.

Also any advice if required would be happily received

10 Comments

I've got a spare network adapter going if you want it. bought it on here from RMP4. i've tested it on desktop pc upstairs (internet connection downstairs) and it works fine but i wanted an xbox 360 wireless adapter which is different & i've since bought.it's boxed with instructions. £8 + p&p I paid & offer at the same.

Original Poster

is a network adapter what i need? looking basically for summat to plug into the desktop that will connect to my existing wifi network. don't want to go down the road of opening the desktop up to put a card in.

I have just used the Advanced search facility an found a few if you select "Deals" and "wifi +dongle" you will find some that may suit. The 1st hit was this one:

hotukdeals.com/ite…-a/

I don't know enough about wireless, so have a look at the results from a search to find the one you are looking for.

thesaint: the link you posted was for a bluetooth dongle, not a wifi one

Aria have the sort of thing you're looking for:

aria.co.uk/Pro…771

Should work out at £10 delivered.

i think any of the above will do the trick for you.

let me know if you want to deal.

cheers

grex9101;2017715

is a network adapter what i need? looking basically for summat to plug … is a network adapter what i need? looking basically for summat to plug into the desktop that will connect to my existing wifi network. don't want to go down the road of opening the desktop up to put a card in.

you won't need to put a card in for a dongle or network adapter. both are basically usb plug ins that pick up the signal from your wireless router enabling your non-wireless desktop pc to become wireless.

hope that helps?? :-D

Original Poster

christophersmum;2019870

you won't need to put a card in for a dongle or network adapter. both are … you won't need to put a card in for a dongle or network adapter. both are basically usb plug ins that pick up the signal from your wireless router enabling your non-wireless desktop pc to become wireless.hope that helps?? :-D

most definitely does, thatnks. you got any pics of the one you have?

it's at my fella's house. I'll pick it up later and post some picks. it's Belkin - that much I remember. lol

ok, come to me fella's got the adapter, took photo with phone - forgot cable !! DUH!!

Can text it to you, or just post it when I get back to mine but will probably be tomorrow now.

sorry.

It's the same make and model number as this.... which is on ebay item 260234798124

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn125/christophersmum/3018_1.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…48
      2. Electricity67
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)59
      4. iPhone charging cable.917

See more discussions